• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Camaraderie between cyclists

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camaraderie between cyclists

Just has a double blowout over the Mendips so thought I'd limp down to Burrington Combe to get a new tube.

Get all the way down there & the bike shop's not there any more & I'm 20 miles from home.

Feck

So I hail a passing MAMIL and ask if he knew where the nearest shop was. "I'm not stopping" was his reply

Then another one "Dunno mate" again without stopping.

I know what it is, they're all trying to get Strava PBs. Just like they are when I'm walking the dog on the Avon Cycleway & they come hurtling past....

Now, if I'd been out on my motorcycle & something had happened the first biker to have come along would have stopped and given me the shirt of his back.

Chalk and cheese.

Had to look up MAMIL..

Comment

Originally posted by anonymouse View Post
      Is that MF?

Veteran
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

A perfect case of extrapolation. If one day a woman is not pregnant, next day she is impregnated, by week 40 she will have 280 babies.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          A perfect case of extrapolation. If one day a woman is not pregnant, next day she is impregnated, by week 40 she will have 280 babies.
          Either way I didn't half end up with a sore arris after 20 miles on a flat rear tyre over rough country lanes.

Do they do the equivalent of run flat tyres for cycles?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
            Either way I didn't half end up with a sore arris after 20 miles on a flat rear tyre over rough country lanes.

Not exactly, but you could try switching to tubeless tyres.

They use a liquid sealant inside that seals any small punctures as they happen. Because there is no tube you'll also never get a pinch flat from a pothole.

As an added bonus you can run them at lower pressures making for a more comfortable ride.

Downside is you need wheels that can use them and they can be a faff to fit the first time. Although there are conversion kits out there.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Do you have puncture-resistant tyres? I have never had a puncture with them I have had loads without. Including 3 in 4 days. The roads of London have loads of rubbish at the edge.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Do you have puncture-resistant tyres?

Comment

Comment

Now, if I'd been out on my motorcycle & something had happened the first biker to have come along would have stopped and given me the shirt of his back.

Chalk and cheese.

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                    X