• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Babies on Planes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Babies on Planes

I'm sure this must have been done a few time on here in the past...

For the record, I don't have kids so I don't know why people seem to think they have a God given right to sit together when one of the parents will sit with the baby, the other will sit somewhere else & in 2 hours time they're all back together again.

But no. At least not on the flight I was on yesterday.

Right stroppy couple.

Expected someone to move from an extra legroom aisle seat so they'd have 2 seats together & the person who moved would have to be stuck in a middle seat. Eventually somebody agreed (I can only assume Easyjet offered to compensate them somehow).

I was in a window seat so was out of the running but no way would I have moved for them. Especially with their attitude.

Made that mistake once before and had the middle seat between 2 fatties on a 10 hour flight.

What are others' thoughts on this?

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
    I'm sure this must have been done a few time on here in the past...

For the record, I don't have kids so I don't know why people seem to think they have a God given right to sit together when one of the parents will sit with the baby, the other will sit somewhere else & in 2 hours time they're all back together again.

But no. At least not on the flight I was on yesterday.

Right stroppy couple.

Expected someone to move from an extra legroom aisle seat so they'd have 2 seats together & the person who moved would have to be stuck in a middle seat. Eventually somebody agreed (I can only assume Easyjet offered to compensate them somehow).

I was in a window seat so was out of the running but no way would I have moved for them. Especially with their attitude.

Made that mistake once before and had the middle seat between 2 fatties on a 10 hour flight.

I was initially going to crucify you for complaining about babies on planes, but this was about people not paying to book their seats and assuming they would be together.

So yes I agree, it's out of order to expect to be together on flights where companies like Easyjet just ram you in and don't take care over the seating & want you to pay. On the flip side though, I think it's out of order they do that in the first place. With BA you can choose the seats as part of the booking (which is what you would expect), but I also understand they're about to change that, which is a disgrace.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      this was about people not paying to book their seats and assuming they would be together.
      From what I overheard, they'd booked the flight 2 days before & there were no 2 adjacent seats left available for reservation.

Comment

From what I overheard, they'd booked the flight 2 days before & there were no 2 adjacent seats left available for reservation.
        Well, in that case, they can all but ask.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

What is a middle seat?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            What is a middle seat?
            MF would not know. He only understands first class.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              MF would not know. He only understands first class.
              That's a euphemism for air freight.

Comment

It could have been worse....

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  What is a middle seat?
                  They call it "MF crevice" on some flights the two outer ones are called "Cheek Left" & Right.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

When I saw the thread title, I thought you might have been alluding to Ryanair's new catering strategy. (Which would have been harsh, but fair, I thought).
                    As it is, I'd charge babies a million pounds to fly, and double if they wanted to travel in the cabin. It's not so much the babies themselves, they can't help it, but if it puts the parents off travelling so much the better.
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                    X