• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Since Brexit and then Trump.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since Brexit and then Trump.....

....no one talks about the imminent demise of mankind caused by Global Warming.

It's almost like the snowflakes have a new list of pointless bollox to get all upset about.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

It's almost like the snowflakes have a new list of pointless bollox to get all upset about.

Snowflakes, no attention span.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

It does feel like a pandemic event is nearing, the earth has a way of giving mankind a big slap every so often.
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

You mean except that a huge part of the uproar against Trump is specifically about his stance on Climate Change? There's a fair bit of similar stuff related to Brexit too.

One might also make the observation that when you're mugged by a drugged up loon with a knife and a twitchy hand, you're not worrying about whether the 20 cigarettes you smoke every day are going to kill you.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          You mean except that a huge part of the uproar against Trump is specifically about his stance on Climate Change? There's a fair bit of similar stuff related to Brexit too.

One might also make the observation that when you're mugged by a drugged up loon with a knife and a twitchy hand, you're not worrying about whether the 20 cigarettes you smoke every day are going to kill you.
          so the EU is "a drugged up loon with a knife" and Trump is the "a twitchy hand", thanks for clearing that up.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Unless you think the EU is controlling Trump that doesn't even make a tiny bit of sense, even for comedy's sake.
            Can you try harder please?

Still not get DP's original point... climate was probably THE biggest concern people outside the US have with Trump before the "Muslim Ban" controversy flared up.

Comment

Brexit and Trump have one thing in common - both will accelerate the relative decline of the respective countries they apply to.
              In the US this will be disguised by an artifical boom to start with.
              Britain is not large enough to matter any more, but an economically struggling hegemon like the US will be a dangerous thing in all sorts of ways.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Unless you think the EU is controlling Trump that doesn't even make a tiny bit of sense, even for comedy's sake.
                Can you try harder please?

Still not get DP's original point... climate was probably THE biggest concern people outside the US have with Trump before the "Muslim Ban" controversy flared up.
                Don't be so literal, sometimes words can paint a picture without actually following reality there are actually some writers that were quite good at it.

So its your contention most people were more worried about what The Donald was going to do to seal watching budgets than a Misogynist, sex attacker fantasist getting his hands on the nuclear football. Hmm I think that is the point you jumped the shark.

Comment

You can try to defend your attempt at humour, it's all subjective I suppose and many will bay with coarse laughter at anything negative about the EU without stopping to think if it even makes sense.

From the news coverage I saw, yes. It's the single issue picked on most by people including Obama as well. People are horrified a person like Trump can be president but in terms of how he's going to affect the world rather than who he is personally, climate is right up there. I didn't see many protesters with signs "I'm worried about nuclear war affecting the world my children will live in".

Comment

You can try to defend your attempt at humour, it's all subjective I suppose and many will bay with coarse laughter at anything negative about the EU without stopping to think if it even makes sense.

From the news coverage I saw, yes. It's the single issue picked on most by people including Obama as well. People are horrified a person like Trump can be president but in terms of how he's going to affect the world rather than who he is personally, climate is right up there. I didn't see many protesters with signs "I'm worried about nuclear war affecting the world my children will live in".
                    any facts to support that flight of fantasy?

Don't seem to be many protests over green issues more his unsuitability for presidency based on treatment of women, race & competence issues.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeli...t_Donald_Trump

No fluffy animals on the posters

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=tr...w=1366&bih=638

I'm certain most people are concerned about green issues just not as much as you dream.

At least your Shark will be warm.

Comment

Working...
                    X