• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Daily Mail - All is Forgiven

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Mail - All is Forgiven

Littlejohn

I know he can leave a nasty taste in the mouth, but:

By all accounts, Spreadsheet Phil is planning to hammer five million self-employed and small business owners, most of whom are natural Tory supporters.

In raising their taxes to the same level as full-time employees, Phil is ignoring the fact that the self-employed don’t enjoy the same job security, paid holidays, sick pay, perks and company pensions as those on PAYE.

but you get paid more
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      but you get paid more
      We do. Most self-employed (SchedD) don't.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        but you get paid more
        We're not all in IB on cracking rates.

And in a bad market where gigs are thin on the ground and projects get canned a few weeks in, the risk element is all the more apparent.

So, I feel more than justified being tax efficient. While I still can

Comment

Originally posted by teapot418 View Post
          We do. Most self-employed (SchedD) don't.
          So how do we get paid more? I can see self employed impacts
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
            Littlejohn

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
              Littlejohn

Have you tried mouth wash?
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Updated tax system would bring cheer to self-employed | Scotland | The Times & The Sunday Times

Chancellor urged to scrap £1bn tax raid on self-employed | Daily Mail Online

Comment

It's going to be a strange day when a vote for Corbyn is the same protest vote as a vote for Trump, but Hammond could well push things in that direction.

I'd rather vote Farage than Corbyn though, just for the tulip and giggles that would ensue on here.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

James O'Whine on LBC was going on about how missing two sessions on the radio invoiced via his ltd ompany because he had to do other things allowed him to understand zero hour delivery driver.

I was waiting for him to pop the champagne & quote Marx.

They need to create an OLC (owner limited company) where you make extra contributions and get personal benefits. Cheap pension, sick pay etc. Make it tempting and most people would move to it.

At the same time they can pursue false schedule D imposition by scumbag employers. First thing remove any exclusivity.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X