• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The UK has shrunk a bit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The UK has shrunk a bit

Just got a permie job role through the first line is

UK (either London, Watford, Egham)

Now it may just be me but London, Egham and Watford are within a 25mile radius of each other. That isn't the UK as a whole (heck it isn't even a role you could take if you live east of London).
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Now it may just be me but London, Egham and Watford are within a 25mile radius of each other. That isn't the UK as a whole (heck it isn't even a role you could take if you live east of London).
    They often do it to throw other recruiters off the scent.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Bob'll fix it?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

London has grown

Got an email about a role in Newbury(London) from an Australian agency

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
          Got an email about a role in Newbury(London) from an Australian agency
          To be fair, to an Aussie 60 miles away is probably the next town. There is a Newbury Park in E London, could they have meant that?
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            To be fair, to an Aussie 60 miles away is probably the next town. There is a Newbury Park in E London, could they have meant that?
            I got one from a Bob agent for New Bury, which if it's not meant to be Newbury, is an extremely rough part of Farnworth near Bolton, the local pub, The Flying Shuttle, aka The Lying Slut by fiddling about with the sign letters, being perhaps the roughest in the UK. I've actually been in, not knowing of it's poor reputation at the time, excellent chippy round the corner on the precinct BTW.....

The Flying Shuttle, Bolton: Britain's toughest pub where staff are too scared to call time | Daily Mail Online

Comment

I was stunned the other day - had a conversation with an agent who knew that SSAS and SAS were different things and not simply alternative spellings!
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                No it was Vodafone

Comment

Working...
                X