• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stephen Hawking says "Corbyn is 'a black hole' for Labour"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stephen Hawking says "Corbyn is 'a black hole' for Labour"

Well not those exact words but I liked the headline. I'm not sure SH's views on politics should be treated as important though... we know matters of politics and religion transcend brain power.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

unfortunately for us he is spot on.

A floor mop as labour leader would be a more credible challenge for the Tories.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

And still no GE... I wonder why? Isn't that the normal thing to do in such situations?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        I'm not sure SH's views on politics should be treated as important though...
        They're probably more important than Compo Corbyn's on the grounds that the square root of feck all is marginally greater than feck all
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          And still no GE... I wonder why? Isn't that the normal thing to do in such situations?
          Firstly, the coalition government introduced fix term parliaments. There is a threshold that needs to be reached if MPs want to agree to an election out of cycle.

Secondly, why would May want an election now? She'd win now, but if Corbyn's going nowhere, why not leave him there and defer the election until the last possible moment?

The next election is 2020, unless something dramatic happens (Brexit perhaps?). May will rule until then, Corbyn will still be labour leader, and May will win.

Tory rule until 2025. Labour in even greater disarray than now.

Comment

Corbyn is a black hole for Labour?

Maybe that's actually a compliment, it means he is going to suck us all in.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

May will want Brexit through and positives appearing from it before the next election. Essentially the 12 months before May 2020 (the month, not the campaign name) will be critical for her - expect some nice budgets then if you've still got work.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
              X