• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Send them home...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Send them home...

Seriously why do some people think it's OK to leave someone homeless and destitute on the streets? linky
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Seriously why do some people think it's OK to give everyone who arrives here a free pass

FTFY.

Like most of the other growing injustices doing anything other than sending them home will compound the problem.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Nevermind

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Seriously why do some people think it's OK to leave someone homeless and destitute on the streets?
        Not sure they ARE leaving them homeless and destitute. They are sending them back to where their OWN homes are. Just the destitution aspect to deal with when they get home.

We've met them halfway you might say.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

No-one should get a free ride. I can find thousands of menial jobs that should be done in return for benefits. The tricky bit is finding the right balance but currently we just seem to have handouts with no return.

Comment

I had a colleague that did alot of work with the homeless. Most of the reasons they are homeless is nothing to do with money - it is emotional, drugs etc.

I don't think those helping the homeless should be snitching. It will mean homeless will have no-one to trust.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              I had a colleague that did alot of work with the homeless. Most of the reasons they are homeless is nothing to do with money - it is emotional, drugs etc.

I don't think those helping the homeless should be snitching. It will mean homeless will have no-one to trust.
              I suspect the charity see it as the least worst option out of a not particularly great set of options. Remember that you are not now allowed to rent a property to someone without the right to be here (see https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/ho...-by-landlords/) so the charity can't house them - hence its a better option than many of the other options...
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Quite right, metal illness, family breakdowns, and addiction. Sadly a lot of ex-forces with combat stress.

How many wealthy people walk by without even a thought?
                http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Problem is that the article is about charities referring foreign rough sleepers to immigration.

Unless we do that then the foreign component will grow. This will make things worse for everyone.

The existing problems we have are deep enough and as mentioned its driven by things other than money.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                    Quite right, metal illness, family breakdowns, and addiction. Sadly a lot of ex-forces with combat stress.

How many wealthy people walk by without even a thought?
                    how many MPs let care in the community continue?

Yes it needs to be fixed but the problems are not solved by a quid given to a beggar.

Comment

Working...
                    X