PDA

View Full Version : Send them home 2

VectraMan
8th March 2017, 10:06
I went into Banbury town centre yesterday lunchtime and saw a couple of Home Office Immigration vans with a couple of officers wandering around paying particular attention to one of the many nail shops that have sprung up, obviously staffed by people of south east Asian appearance. Apparently I missed the excitement as they swooped later on and raided all these shops, with "people being rugby tackled in the street" to quote the pub landlord.

There was a rumour about prostitution, but I think far more likely is it was just people working illegally doing the nails of the people of Oxfordshire.

Where am I meant to get my nails done now? Oh wait, I never have being a man and all, but what did women do before there were nail shops staffed by illegal immigrants?

SueEllen
8th March 2017, 10:26
Paid UK workers.

vetran
8th March 2017, 10:27
Paid UK workers. and sometimes UK tax

yep this is the new economy. illegal gangs using slave workers & paying no tax.

LondonManc
8th March 2017, 10:50
yep this is the new economy. illegal gangs using slave workers & paying no tax.

Which is ultimately the problem. Fewer people willing to pay into the pot who are allowed to. Similarly there are more people prepared to shop on the grey and black market; drive through Cheetham Hill on the A56 on a Sunday afternoon and you'll see several dodgy shops selling knocked off and/or snide clothing and trainers.

vetran
8th March 2017, 10:56
Which is ultimately the problem. Fewer people willing to pay into the pot who are allowed to. Similarly there are more people prepared to shop on the grey and black market; drive through Cheetham Hill on the A56 on a Sunday afternoon and you'll see several dodgy shops selling knocked off and/or snide clothing and trainers.

who are paying business rates so the council should police them. don't blame the public. If there is a shop on the high street then its reasonable to assume its legit, a bloke selling out of a suitcase not so much.

Of course they have closed the old people's homes & trading standards so they can build ugly bus stops as a memorial for their incompetence.

darmstadt
8th March 2017, 11:01
Last years news: Hundreds of nail bars raided over modern slavery (http://news.sky.com/story/government-to-tackle-modern-slavery-in-uk-with-16340m-crackdown-10709916) Sadly not EU migrants for the Leavers to work up a rabid froth about, wonder how all those Vietnamese got in?

vetran
8th March 2017, 11:06
Last years news: Hundreds of nail bars raided over modern slavery (http://news.sky.com/story/government-to-tackle-modern-slavery-in-uk-with-16340m-crackdown-10709916) Sadly not EU migrants for the Leavers to work up a rabid froth about, wonder how all those Vietnamese got in?

Can't imagine how

EU’s passport fraud ‘epidemic’ – POLITICO (http://www.politico.eu/article/europes-fake-forged-stolen-passport-epidemic-visa-free-travel-rights/)

ROME — Europe’s trade in forged and stolen passports is so out of control that the U.S. has given five EU countries until next week to act or risk losing visa-free travel rights.

The threat comes in response to growing alarm over the rising number of lost and stolen documents in the EU, which has doubled in five years. The number of forged passports in the Middle East is also a rising concern. Interpol has data on 250,000 stolen or lost Syrian and Iraqi passports, including blank documents.

American and European security officials speak of an “epidemic” created by a spike in demand from asylum-seekers — and from terrorists like those who carried out the Paris attacks last November, two of whom were carrying counterfeit documents.

SueEllen
8th March 2017, 11:06

Smuggling

LondonManc
8th March 2017, 11:40
who are paying business rates so the council should police them. don't blame the public. If there is a shop on the high street then its reasonable to assume its legit, a bloke selling out of a suitcase not so much.

Of course they have closed the old people's homes & trading standards so they can build ugly bus stops as a memorial for their incompetence.

You've clearly never been down the A56 through Cheetham Hill on a Sunday. These shops have the equivalent of bouncers on the doors!

d000hg
8th March 2017, 11:43
Coming here, buffing our nails.

darmstadt
8th March 2017, 12:35
Can't imagine how

EU’s passport fraud ‘epidemic’ – POLITICO (http://www.politico.eu/article/europes-fake-forged-stolen-passport-epidemic-visa-free-travel-rights/)

Frothing at the mouth with a story over a year old which must have no relevance now otherwise the countries involded wouldn't be in the waiver program anymore which they are:

gave France, Belgium, Germany, Italy and Greece a February 1 deadline to fix “crucial loopholes” or lose access to the U.S. visa waiver program

I doubt very much that these people came in on forged or stolen or otherwise dodgy EU passports

darmstadt
8th March 2017, 12:45
Fake, fake, fake...https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/mar/08/uk-faces-2bn-fine-over-chinese-imports-scam-say-eu-anti-fraud-investigators

vetran
8th March 2017, 12:50
Frothing at the mouth with a story over a year old which must have no relevance now otherwise the countries involded wouldn't be in the waiver program anymore which they are:

I doubt very much that these people came in on forged or stolen or otherwise dodgy EU passports

you can doubt all you like but most people like proof.

I'm not frothing at the mouth, I'm providing a possible route.

If you want to deny that there are fake passports out there then fine. But it appears there were.

If you think cross EU migration has no impact on British immigrants then fine.

do please provide some proof. Or carry on talking out your hat as usual.

vetran
8th March 2017, 12:53
Fake, fake, fake...https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/mar/08/uk-faces-2bn-fine-over-chinese-imports-scam-say-eu-anti-fraud-investigators

Asked whether the UK would pay a fine, Theresa May’s official spokesman said: “We’ve not received a bill from the European Commission. This report is not a bill. It’s an estimate. We don’t recognise the figures. HMRC are looking at it now.” The spokesman said the issue was entirely separate from Brexit negotiations.

Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs said it had an “excellent record in tackling fraud and rule-breaking of all kinds” and was considering Olaf’s findings and recommendations.

So probably Bollux, Bollux , Bollux

BrilloPad
8th March 2017, 13:02
Coming here, buffing our nails.

If they buff anything else NLyUK will get upset.

darmstadt
8th March 2017, 13:37
you can doubt all you like but most people like proof.

I'm not frothing at the mouth, I'm providing a possible route.

If you want to deny that there are fake passports out there then fine. But it appears there were.

If you think cross EU migration has no impact on British immigrants then fine.

do please provide some proof. Or carry on talking out your hat as usual.

Maybe this is how they got into the country: Vietnamese nail bar sham marriage racket busted | Immigration Matters (http://immigrationmatters.co.uk/vietnamese-nail-bar-sham-marriage-racket-busted.html) although that one is going back a while

I think if you read the numerous stories on the web about the nail salons, I think you'll find they were in possession of legal passports but didn't have the legal paperwork to work in the UK...This is not an EU migration problem...

NigelJK
8th March 2017, 14:11
I know when I was growing up there were none around so it's a recently new narcissistic behaviour if you ask me.

SueEllen
8th March 2017, 14:14
I know when I was growing up there were none around so it's a recently new narcissistic behaviour if you ask me.

If you wanted your nails done years ago you would go to a beauty salon not a separate nail bar.

Now some beauty salons specifically advertised they are nail bars first and beauty salons second.

Oh and when there is a down turn which ones last?

VectraMan
8th March 2017, 15:24
I think if you read the numerous stories on the web about the nail salons, I think you'll find they were in possession of legal passports but didn't have the legal paperwork to work in the UK...This is not an EU migration problem...

It's always far more likely they come in legally as tourists/visitors and then either don't leave or break the rules about working. Something the "Get control of our borders" types never could grasp.

If anyone is interested:

Immigration officers raid firms in Bicester and Banbury - Banbury Guardian (http://www.banburyguardian.co.uk/news/immigration-officers-raid-firms-in-bicester-and-banbury-1-7856487)

vetran
8th March 2017, 16:11
There are many ways

Overstaying
Bogus students
Working without a working Visa
Sham Marriages
False passports.

we can get our heads round them fine, its the loons that suggest that anyone who doesn't like illegal immigration or working is racist that gets on my nerves.

LondonManc
8th March 2017, 16:14
There are many ways

Overstaying
Bogus students
Working without a working Visa
Sham Marriages
False passports.

we can get our heads round them fine, its the loons that suggest that anyone who doesn't like illegal immigration or working is racist that gets on my nerves.

+1 To see that people are deliberately evading the tax system to gain advantage is annoyance, not bigotry.

Paddy
8th March 2017, 16:22
Do nail bars pay tacks?

xoggoth
8th March 2017, 16:34
Had a similar raid on a nail bar in my local town about 3 years ago. Arrests made for illegal migrants and cannabis. Regardless of whether one is pro or anti immigration, it is surely quite right for any state to ensure that only those legally entitled to stay should do so.

Even when they are here legally, one has to question how those who work in a plethora of low skill businesses like nail bars, car washes, fast food shops, leaflet distribution, etc. are any benefit to the rest of us. Any increase in national wealth is just divided among a similarly increased number of people. Basic maths - you don't raise an average by adding more of average quality.

VectraMan
8th March 2017, 17:20

Does anyone suggest that anyone who doesn't like illegal immigration is racist? Maybe they do, probably in the US they do. Not sure about here.

The accusations of racism tends to be towards those that don't like legal immigration. Which isn't entirely fair, but then sometimes the same people that say it's just about numbers one minute and moan about being tarred with the racist brush will be declaring that Mälmo is the rape capital of the world due to all the muslims the next.

vetran
8th March 2017, 17:28
Does anyone suggest that anyone who doesn't like illegal immigration is racist? Maybe they do, probably in the US they do. Not sure about here.

The accusations of racism tends to be towards those that don't like legal immigration. Which isn't entirely fair, but then sometimes the same people that say it's just about numbers one minute and moan about being tarred with the racist brush will be declaring that Mälmo is the rape capital of the world due to all the muslims the next.

yeah that would be bad

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3022743/sweden-malmo-immigration-nigel-farage-ylva-johansson-rape-statistics-u-turn

'IT WAS WRONG OF ME' Swedish minister apologises for FALSELY claiming sex attacks are decreasing in the country after Nigel Farage branded Malmo ‘the rape capital of Europe’

note : If they applied for a Visa and breach the conditions by working the Visa is invalid they are no longer legal migrants.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/11821728/Illegal-immigrants-working-in-UK-face-six-months-in-prison-ministers-announce.html

vetran
8th March 2017, 17:32
Had a similar raid on a nail bar in my local town about 3 years ago. Arrests made for illegal migrants and cannabis. Regardless of whether one is pro or anti immigration, it is surely quite right for any state to ensure that only those legally entitled to stay should do so.

Even when they are here legally, one has to question how those who work in a plethora of low skill businesses like nail bars, car washes, fast food shops, leaflet distribution, etc. are any benefit to the rest of us. Any increase in national wealth is just divided among a similarly increased number of people. Basic maths - you don't raise an average by adding more of average quality.

indeed as few earning below higher rate actually contribute to the country (i.e. put in more than they take out according to the ONS). Adding average earners makes the situation worse. As the nail bar staff are unlikely to get anyway near average earnings or paying significant tax they are effectively taking out.