• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Noise Cancelling Headphones

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noise Cancelling Headphones

Now that the weather is improving, the neighbour's kids will no doubt be out in the garden screaming their heads off. I'm looking for ways of dealing with this which don't involve cross-bows and flame-throwers. I plan to move at some point next year, so I just need to get through the summer.

I've been looking at noise-cancelling headphones, but they seem to work mainly with low-frequency noises, which the bastards' (I call them "the bastards") screaming probably isn't.

Can anyone recommend noise cancelling headphones that work with a wide range of frequencies?

Moose

Comment

Comment

Bose QuietComfort series..
        But quality is way worse than sennheiser momentum

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Absolutely, I would imagine that a combination of ear plugs and noise cancelling headphones will make you so deafened by your own "tinnitus" you won't be worried by the kids.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Noise cancelling headphones won't stop the screaming. Ear plugs will help.

But if you want headphones, Sennheiser M2 AEBT are hard to beat (and you can use them via USB on your computer for conference calls)
            Sennheiser M2 AEBT Black | Wireless Bluetooth Noise Cancelling Mic Closed Back Headphones | Richer Sounds
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Bose are good. Never tried the Sennheisers though.

Comment

Thought about approaching this from a different angle?

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Thought about approaching this from a different angle?

You have to lie and say it's a version of hide and seek.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                    Bose are good. Never tried the Sennheisers though.
                    Tried both. Totally hate the sound of them . The noise cancelling is great for plane, but once you hear something better....

Comment

Working...
                    X