PDA

View Full Version : Problems with working from home...

SueEllen
10th March 2017, 14:59
Linky (https://www.theguardian.com/media/video/2017/mar/10/bbc-correspondent-interrupted-by-his-children-live-on-air-video)

Platypus
10th March 2017, 15:13
Linky (https://www.theguardian.com/media/video/2017/mar/10/bbc-correspondent-interrupted-by-his-children-live-on-air-video)

That's hilarious!

I don't do video calls, but while on conference calls, I've certainly been interrupted by loud calls of "DAD !!"

Or the doorbell ringing for a delivery, after which the courier seems to think that almost bashing the door in with repeated loud knocking is needed.

I've heard people in similar situations. Participants who go for a loud gushing pee without going on mute are quite amusing but do cause collective embarassment

vetran
10th March 2017, 15:13
thought they did quite well. (the kids)

Mordac
10th March 2017, 15:18
A couple of weeks ago the wife was WFH, and she was on a conf call with her boss and some govt client bods. I went downstairs to make a cuppa, and let rip in what I thought was the safety of the kitchen. Turns out they all heard it, and she had to explain it wasn't her. 'Twas a goodun though. :smokin

jamesbrown
10th March 2017, 15:19

:rollin:

Could've been worse though. I've been on GoToMeetings when the hosts have forgotten they were still live after a presentation and started fecking around on the interweb. :laugh

quackhandle
10th March 2017, 15:23
I was house training a puppy when I was gigging with IBM (so lots of WFH) and the dog always wanted to play at conf call time,

There was always the shout of "Who's that barking?"

qh

northernladuk
10th March 2017, 15:26
Just pure comedy that. I loved the way the baby came in second and she closed the door on her knees right at the end. Great to see funny side of normal life like this sometimes. Won't have done anyone any harm at all that, except maybe the nanny :D

NickFitz
10th March 2017, 15:28
Just saw that on Twitter. His wife crawling in to close the door at the end is hilarious :laugh

VillageContractor
10th March 2017, 15:29
Just pure comedy that. I loved the way the baby came in second and she closed the door on her knees right at the end. Great to see funny side of normal life like this sometimes. Won't have done anyone any harm at all that, except maybe the nanny :D

That was the wife :spank:

Platypus
10th March 2017, 15:31
There was always the shout of "Who's that barking?"

"I'm sorry that's my wife"

northernladuk
10th March 2017, 15:33
That was the wife :spank:

Ohh. It was said to be the housekeeper on the some of the viral sites I saw this on first... Makes sense.

NickFitz
10th March 2017, 15:45
Ohh. It was said to be the housekeeper on the some of the viral sites I saw this on first... Makes sense.

Somebody on Twitter has been Deep Googling the chap and confirmed that it's his wife, not a nanny :laugh

SueEllen
10th March 2017, 15:45
Somebody on Twitter has been Deep Googling the chap and confirmed that it's his wife, not a nanny :laugh

That's creepy.

NickFitz
10th March 2017, 15:47
That's creepy.

The New Age in which we live is creepy :)

scooterscot
10th March 2017, 17:21
That's hilarious!

I don't do video calls, but while on conference calls, I've certainly been interrupted by loud calls of "DAD !!"

Or the doorbell ringing for a delivery, after which the courier seems to think that almost bashing the door in with repeated loud knocking is needed.

I've heard people in similar situations. Participants who go for a loud gushing pee without going on mute are quite amusing but do cause collective embarassment

Similar experiences.

I make sure any conferences calls due combines with mum and kinder visiting the supermarket or other outdoor pursuits.

scooterscot
10th March 2017, 17:25
The New Age in which we live is creepy :)

The CIA takes creepy to a whole new level.

SueEllen
10th March 2017, 17:29
Similar experiences.

I make sure any conferences calls due combines with mum and kinder visiting the supermarket or other outdoor pursuits.

You need a bolt on your study door that is high up so the kiddies can't lock themselves in. Then by the time they can reach the bolt you remove it as they will understand not to come in.

scooterscot
10th March 2017, 17:47
You need a bolt on your study door that is high up so the kiddies can't lock themselves in. Then by the time they can reach the bolt you remove it as they will understand not to come in.

You'll also find a need for an airlock or double door mechanism to keep our the noise when they can't get in. They just hammer on until it opens!

Door opens,

Dad: What is it?!

Kinder: Nothing.

Dad: @£$@£

stek
10th March 2017, 18:37
How does the second kid in the walker get such a head start on the mother/nanny?

vetran
10th March 2017, 19:15
How does the second kid in the walker get such a head start on the mother/nanny?

The Gardener has been keeping her happy.

SueEllen
10th March 2017, 19:32

Mother was on phone or making them a meal.

She looks in/around and sees kiddies are behaving.

She goes away/turns back, suddenly realises there is a strange silence and sees kiddies scooting down hall entering father's study.

stek
10th March 2017, 19:39
Mother was on phone or making them a meal.

And didn't want to burn the dog?

northernladyuk
10th March 2017, 20:19
"I'm sorry that's your wife"

FTFY

mudskipper
10th March 2017, 21:00
From my facebook feed:

Person 1: I don't agree with the way one child was literally dragged on the floor by his arm. A simple pick up would have been acceptable.

Person 2: All measures acceptable in the circumstances

Person 3: Pick up followed by wwf style body slam? :P

Person 1: No amount of 'live' television is more important than child abuse.

Person 3: If this is child abuse I think most parents in Europe probably need locking up.

Person 4: My tubes just tied themselves.

Editor note - the child "dragged by the arm" was a 'her' not a 'him'.

NickFitz
11th March 2017, 00:35
A detailed analysis by a bloke who has experience of being an expert on the telly: Breaking Down the Father on BBC Being Interrupted by His Children (https://medium.com/@benthompson/breaking-down-the-father-on-bbc-being-interrupted-by-his-children-9840cdc8857b) :)

SueEllen
14th March 2017, 19:45
They have done an update - linky (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-39267005)

ladymuck
14th March 2017, 20:08
They have done an update - linky (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-39267005)

He confirmed to the BBC's James Menendez that he was, despite online speculation, wearing trousers during the interview.

:rollin: