• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

one rule for them...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one rule for them...

Reading up on some of the CIA leaked material is breathtaking. It seems they've had backdoors into consumer products both hardware and software for yonks. Of course you always expected a level of hacking, but not on such a mass scale.

I don't get how when VW does it, it's a court case and billions in fines. When the CIA does it..... discuss

VW pleads guilty to US emissions charges
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Reading up on some of the CIA leaked material is breathtaking. It seems they've had backdoors into consumer products both hardware and software for yonks. Of course you always expected a level of hacking, but not on such a mass scale.

I don't get how when VW does it, it's a court case and billions in fines. When the CIA does it..... discuss

VW pleads guilty to US emissions charges
    Jesus wept.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      Jesus wept.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I suspect intelligence agencies are finding it hard to obtain meaningful info from mobile phones and encrypted channels on the Internet, and by this leak are actually trying to discourage terrorists from using electronic comms but revert to face to face meetings.

Of course that would seem to imply Assange is in league with them and leaking information they want leaked, which I must admit seems highly unlikely. Or maybe they accidently on purpose somehow gave him the info to leak.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          Jesus wept. The CIA recorded it.
          FTFY
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The CIA and the UK's equivalent are part of what is known as the "Deep State". The Deep state supports globalist agenda to turn select people into half-machines. While sacrificing the rest like slaughter animals. It is pathetic but the fight is on. Wikileaks, Alex Jones are the core figures in the fight against this agenda and sooner or later you will either join or like I said... the slaughterhouse.

Comment

Lots of infosec professionals are saying that there's really nothing new there.

Originally posted by Zeynep Tufekci, NY Times
              Security experts I spoke with, however, stressed that these techniques appear to be mostly known methods — some of them learned from academic and other open conferences — and that there were no big surprises or unexpected wizardry.

In other words, the cache reminds us that if your phone is hacked, the Signal or WhatsApp messages on it are not secure. This should not come as a surprise...

If anything in the WikiLeaks revelations is a bombshell, it is just how strong these encrypted apps appear to be. Since it doesn’t have a means of easy mass surveillance of such apps, the C.I.A. seems to have had to turn its attention to the harder and often high-risk task of breaking into individual devices one by one.
              - The Truth About the WikiLeaks C.I.A. Cache, New York Times

Its's the usual thing of Assange issuing a press release that hugely overstates things, and journalists running with it because copy-and-pasting a headline to get clicks is easier than looking through 8,000+ documents to see if the original assertion stands up. Which it mostly doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by europetractor View Post
                The CIA and the UK's equivalent are part of what is known as the "Deep State". The Deep state supports globalist agenda to turn select people into half-machines. While sacrificing the rest like slaughter animals. It is pathetic but the fight is on. Wikileaks, Alex Jones are the core figures in the fight against this agenda and sooner or later you will either join or like I said... the slaughterhouse.
                Wikileaks are a bunch of *******, led by Assange who is working for Putin. You're just choosing which despot's agenda you want to be sacrificed for

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Wikileaks are a bunch of *******, led by Assange who is working for Putin. You're just choosing which despot's agenda you want to be sacrificed for
                  I agree Putin is no flower either. I am a pacifist.

BTW Not sure if you guys are watching the Wikileaks page but there is posts by the hour showing malware techniques. Notepad++ had an urgent update yesterday. Basically after you update, if Notepad++ doesn't start... your pc is hacked.

Comment

Working...
                  X