• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ian McEwan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ian McEwan

Apparently the Brexit referendum reminded him of the Third Reich!!!

Democracy, actually asking people what they want, is his idea of the Third Reich?!?! I would have thought telling people what they were getting, like it or not, was more like the Third Reich. Closer to a dictatorship. A Fourth Reich maybe?

Originally posted by GB9 View Post

Democracy, actually asking people what they want, is his idea of the Third Reich?!?! I would have thought telling people what they were getting, like it or not, was more like the Third Reich. Closer to a dictatorship. A Fourth Reich maybe?
    You're an ignorant sod, so you're probably not aware that Hitler's path to power included some referenda.
    Demagogues manipulate the populist vote to win democratic elections - once they're in, the democratic structures are dismantled.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      You're an ignorant sod <snip>
      He's proven this time and time again.

GB9's spare time would be better of spent studying history.

Concentrating first on WWI then moving on WWII. In both cases finding out the causes and the implications before, during and after the events on Western Europe, America, Japan and a few former colonies in the British Empire like India and Australia.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post

Instead of just emitting further brainfarts, why don't you do some research on the plebiscites associated with the Third Reich, and from that demonstrate why the Brexit referendum was nothing like those of the Hitler era? It's not even that difficult to do, and you might even begin to shake off the label of "complete and utter imbecile" that's ascribed to you.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

But don't worry, he'll be able to find another job easily enough: Vodafone delivers vote of confidence in post-Brexit Britain by creating 2,100 UK customer service jobs | The Independent
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

As Clem Attlee said in 1945:

I could not consent to the introduction into our national life of a device so alien to all our traditions as the referendum, which has only too often been the instrument of Nazism and fascism.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              They will be going to immigrants.

Comment

The EU reminds me of the Third Reich. What they have done in Greece is disgraceful. I still hope one day Merkel, and all the other Nurembourg supporters, will be bought to account for her crimes against humanity. A second Nuremburg.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  The EU reminds me of the Third Reich. What they have done in Greece is disgraceful. I still hope one day Merkel, and all the other Nurembourg supporters, will be bought to account for her crimes against humanity. A second Nuremburg.
                  Except Greece does have the sovereign ability to leave the EU, reintroduce the drachma and legislate away its debts. So not that like the Third Reich.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    Except Greece does have the sovereign ability to leave the EU, reintroduce the drachma and legislate away its debts. So not that like the Third Reich.
                    Greece is just the worst example.

However the worst of the EU is yet to come. Brexit negotiations will be conducted on political lines not economic lines. The most important thing for them is to punish UK for daring the criticize the EU elite.

Comment

Working...
                    X