• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Them tax cutting Tories

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Them tax cutting Tories

"UK tax burden set to keep rising over the next decade to its highest in 40 years by 2025

The tax burden on British households and businesses is on course to climb to a 40 year high by the end of the next parliament as slower growth and an ageing population forces policymakers to choose between more austerity or higher taxes.

The Government's fiscal watchdog expects tax to continue rising as a share of national income over the next decade, climbing to 37.5pc of GDP by 2025-26, which would represent its highest share since 1986.

The Office for Budget Responsibility's (OBR) latest evaluation of the economy showed the Chancellor was currently on course to miss a target of balancing the books in the next Parliament."

UK tax burden set to keep rising over the next decade to its highest in 40 years by 2025

Not just central government. Got my council tax breakdown today, everything up, ranging from 2% to 5.2%. 3.7% overall. Bastards!!

PS Despite all this crap about adult social care, that was only a very small part of it. £57 out of nearly £2k.
    PPS As you are no longer banging on about Brexit constantly I have taken you off my ignore list. Welcome back atW.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

All that lovely tax, protecting our hard working NHS staff, providing top notch medical care and social care.

And that's without mentioning our world class transport system, world leading education standards, and of course our modern cutting edge military.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        All that lovely tax, protecting our hard working NHS staff, providing top notch medical care and social care.

And that's without mentioning our world class transport system, world leading education standards, and of course our modern cutting edge military.

Like all Brexiters you seem quite miserable on Brexit launch week. Why is that?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Like all Brexiters you seem quite miserable on Brexit launch week. Why is that?
          I changed my mind when Broccoli went up 5p a kilo.

Comment

I changed my mind when Broccoli went up 5p a kilo.
            Well at least unlike other loser Brexiters on here you've kept your humour

Make sure you carry on with that when things get worse.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Well at least unlike other loser Brexiters on here you've kept your humour

Make sure you carry on with that when things get worse.
              They will get a lot worse before they get better. BUT over the next 5+ years it will have been the right decision. The EU is doomed.

Comment

All that extra lovely Brexit national debt has to be paid back.

Comment

Seriously looks like a great time to leave the country. But where to go? Which country wouldn't tax you to death and instead allow you to prosper and is good for kids' schooling and quality of life?

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                    Seriously looks like a great time to leave the country. But where to go? Which country wouldn't tax you to death and instead allow you to prosper and is good for kids' schooling and quality of life?
                    It's not being taxed to death it is seeing that you get a good services for the amount of tax you pay.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X