• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cheltenham Festival 2017

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheltenham Festival 2017

Anyone else interested?

Thistlecrack being injured has thrown the Gold Cup wide open. It could well be Cue Card's time, given that he's no longer up against Sprinter Sacre, probably the best NH horse I've ever seen.

Two naps for the week: Douvan and Altior - absolute certs as long as they get round.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Anyone else interested?

Thistlecrack being injured has thrown the Gold Cup wide open. It could well be Cue Card's time, given that he's no longer up against Sprinter Sacre, probably the best NH horse I've ever seen.

Two naps for the week: Douvan and Altior - absolute certs as long as they get round.
    I'll certainly be keeping an eye on it, but the number of big withdrawals has somewhat diluted the interest this year. I haven't had a big win since Best Mate's first one (2002 ish?)
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      I'll certainly be keeping an eye on it, but the number of big withdrawals has somewhat diluted the interest this year. I haven't had a big win since Best Mate's first one (2002 ish?)
      I had a nice treble a few years ago for a couple of hundred quid and Carrickboy at 40/1 a couple of years ago paid for the week + beer and Chinese. Managed to get Sprinter Sacre at 20/1 in the November prior to last year's festival g

Ah, I see Altior has strolled home over 6 lengths clear. Fantastic horse.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Anyone else interested?

Shame about Douvan - did you lose much?
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          Shame about Douvan - did you lose much?
          No, it wasn't me that had Douvan as a £500k bet.

I had it as part of a patent and it's the one horse that I didn't expect to let me down. Might Bite was already home and Cantlow has just been outrun by Cause of Causes. Up over the two days - 6 horses picked, three winners, two places and Douvan!

Comment

Not sure Altior would have won if the leading horse has not come down 2 out (yes I backed the Faller)

Comment

Made £200 so far with some cheeky matched bets. Last day today.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Made £200 so far with some cheeky matched bets. Last day today.
                Arbitrage? How's that going?

Comment

Yorkhill in the first MF?

Comment

Yorkhill in the first MF?
                    That would be a yes.

Comment

Working...
                    X