• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can we start a list of PS orgs and their status?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we start a list of PS orgs and their status?

1, Carte Blanche IN decision no matter what
    2, Flexible approach accepting contract and WP reviews
    3, Reliant on the EES Tool?
    4, A. N. Other

5, Upped the rates to cover the losses

Comment

To what end?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The question was what PS Orgs were doing. From the contractors point of view, to receive the same net money after the changes, this only applies to new contracts of course and I'm sure some will up the rates but not fully compensate for the changes.

Comment

The Govt organisation I'm at relies on contractors as they can't recruit and they need to buy skills in.

They've spoken with us and said they'll use the ESS tool as guidance. Every last one of us is outside and that's the way it's going to remain after April 06th. We've all used the tool and the client has used it to asses all of us, job jobbed!

The management team there are very pragmatic and fully accept that nothing has changed other that who decides on the contractors employment status so followed the guidance.

Comment

I'm fairly sure that whatever course any particular PSB takes now may well change when they realise the extent of sticky stuff clogging up the fan blades!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              To what end?
              To the end that if you see an advert that is for a gig 100 miles away but you know is an option 1 on that list, you wouldn't bother.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                To the end that if you see an advert that is for a gig 100 miles away but you know is an option 1 on that list, you wouldn't bother.
                NLUK rule to self number one. Don't make decisions on my contracting career based on the feedback from a load of numpties (excluding a few) on an online forum. Particularly when we are talking PS contractors that are still in their gigs 2 weeks before Armageddon.

Picking up the phone and chat to the agent when I'm pretty versed in the situation to see if it can be pulled round or take the advice from a thread started by a poster of such pedigree and pass up the chance for work. Let me think about that for a moment....

Things are going to change, the information will be the view of one contractor in a massive organisation, we don't know if the poster is talking garbage or not. I just think it's a dangerous idea. Andy H has already alluded to the fact that MoD appears to have a blanket ban but it's not as blanket as it appears.
                Last edited by northernladuk; 16 March 2017, 10:02.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  NLUK rule to self number one. Don't make decisions on my contracting career based on the feedback from a load of numpties (excluding a few) on an online forum. Particularly when we are talking PS contractors that are still in their gigs 2 weeks before Armageddon.

Picking up the phone and chat to the agent when I'm pretty versed in the situation to see if it can be pulled round or take the advice from a thread started by a poster of such pedigree and pass up the chance for work. Let me think about that for a moment....

Things are going to change, the information will be the view of one contractor in a massive organisation, we don't know if the poster is talking garbage or not. I just think it's a dangerous idea. Andy H has already alluded to the fact that MoD appears to have a blanket ban but it's not as blanket as it appears.
                  That's your number one rule? How odd. It's very precise.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    That's your number one rule? How odd. It's very precise.
                    My rule list is very flexible.. almost to the point that my number one rule always seems to be exactly the one the topic is about... It's very clever you know

Either that or I am very indecisive when making lists of rules. My top 10 list goes from 1 to 1.

Comment

Working...
                    X