• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interestingly, not covered in the good old Daily Mail

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interestingly, not covered in the good old Daily Mail

No punishment for man who raped girl, 12 - BBC News

Just noticed that even though this is close to a lead story on the BBC the Daily Mail have not reported on it. In fact they appear to have completely excluded the story.

I find that quite interesting as every other paper seems to have reported it.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Interesting...
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

there now, normally its the other way round the other papers try to keep up. Not sure why you think they would withhold it?

Man walks free after admitting raping 12-year-old who claimed to be 16 | Daily Mail Online

Cieslak, 21, met the victim and her friend, aged 12 and 13, in a taxi queue in Edinburgh after a night out in the summer of 2015 and went back to a party with them thinking they were 16 and 17, a statement on the Judiciary of Scotland website said.

Taking into account that all witnesses on the night thought the victim was over 16, that Cieslak was told she was 16 and with no signs of distress, Lady Scott said: “Your criminal culpability here is wholly restricted to the application of strict liability within this offence.
      Shocking but what was a 12 year old doing out drinking?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        there now, normally its the other way round the other papers try to keep up. Not sure why you think they would withhold it?

Man walks free after admitting raping 12-year-old who claimed to be 16 | Daily Mail Online

Shocking but what was a 12 year old doing out drinking?
        What was interesting, was that normally the paper is so sensational that it would have been jumping and giving it's biased form in one way another.

I reckon the issue here is that they have

(1) A Foreign Sounding Name
        (2) Underage Sex
        (3) A child out drinking & partying

What was interesting was they didn't jump in as they're probably trying to find a shock / outrage angle.

Having read the head line the word free is shown as 'FREE' - My god shock horror, just missing an exclamation mark.
        Also, they've led with '21'. The lad was 19 at the time two years ago.

When you read the story you have to feel sorry for the lad. What on earth were these girls parents doing!

They've got so many ways to turn this into the frothin masses of the Daily Mail, I reckon they were deciding how to do it.

Comments will be interesting.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          What was interesting, was that normally the paper is so sensational that it would have been jumping and giving it's biased form in one way another.

I reckon the issue here is that they have

(1) A Foreign Sounding Name
          (2) Underage Sex
          (3) A child out drinking & partying

What was interesting was they didn't jump in as they're probably trying to find a shock / outrage angle.

Having read the head line the word free is shown as 'FREE' - My god shock horror, just missing an exclamation mark.
          Also, they've led with '21'. The lad was 19 at the time two years ago.

When you read the story you have to feel sorry for the lad. What on earth were these girls parents doing!

They've got so many ways to turn this into the frothin masses of the Daily Mail, I reckon they were deciding how to do it.

Comments will be interesting.
          possibly or they just had a liquid lunch today.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
          X