• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No other countries will quit EU after Britain: EU chief Juncker

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No other countries will quit EU after Britain: EU chief Juncker

"European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker is not worried about other EU countries leaving the bloc after Britain because Brexit will make them see it is not a good option, he said in a newspaper interview.

Asked by Bild am Sonntag newspaper if other member states would follow Britain's example in quitting, Juncker said: "No. Britain's example will make everyone realise that it's not worth leaving."

He added: "On the contrary, the remaining member states will fall in love with each other again and renew their vows with the European Union."

The EU's 27 leaders plan to declare "Europe is our common future" during a meeting in Rome next week to mark 60 years of the bloc."

No other countries will quit EU after Britain: EU chief Juncker | Reuters

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I find your lack of faith disturbing....

Comment

Ah, Drunker. Voice of Reason.

Comment

He's a politician, FFS.

He isn't exactly going to turn around and say "Other nations will likely follow Britain's example and leave the EU, and we're bricking it that our gravy train is about to fail."

Of course he's going to talk it up. He isn't the most honest of politicians out there.
        Taking a break from contracting

Comment

The price of freedom
          http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
            The price of freedom
            What freedoms are you lacking right now?

Comment

oh the smell of desperation.

altogether now

Back in, back in the EUSSR!!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Gordon Bennet! That picture! The bloke is 62 years old and has more wrinkles than the 80+ ladies at my writer's club. Shows what membership of the EU does to you.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                  The price of freedom
                  Other countries joined the EU for freedom we joined for economic reasons.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    What freedoms are you lacking right now?
                    Supporting British business without breaking competition and state aid rules.

Independent trade agreements.

Control of our borders.

Electing our political masters.

Bendy bananas.
                    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
                    X