• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is a balance transfer?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is a balance transfer?

Ok. I have one credit card that I top up like my mobile phone.

Why do I hear so much crap about %0 on balance transfers for 6/12/ so and so months?

If a bank or cc co called me and told me you can go overdrawn with our card as many times as you like and not pay anything, id say cool.

When they ask if I want a card with 0% on balance transfers, I think either they have me mistaken with some cc junkie thats in debt or they think that im the executive director of a really big co with loads of cash to lose.

Both options r rubbish. Someone would have to be an idiot to have more than say 3 credit cards in this day and age, and the genious tends to have atleast 3 isas.

Oh great, another tory
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
      Oh great, another tory
      No I think I am either a communist or a nazi, the two defenitions got mixed up when hitler decided stalins wines were rubbish and called Gordan Ramsey to complain.

Comment

Another bipolar
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by azezal
          Ok. I have one credit card that I top up like my mobile phone.

Why do I hear so much crap about %0 on balance transfers for 6/12/ so and so months?

If a bank or cc co called me and told me you can go overdrawn with our card as many times as you like and not pay anything, id say cool.

When they ask if I want a card with 0% on balance transfers, I think either they have me mistaken with some cc junkie thats in debt or they think that im the executive director of a really big co with loads of cash to lose.

Both options r rubbish. Someone would have to be an idiot to have more than say 3 credit cards in this day and age, and the genious tends to have atleast 3 isas.
          Huh! What are you smoking.

If you can afford the repayments it makes no difference what amount of credit cards you have. In fact only an idiot would limit the number when there are perfectly sensible reasons for taking more out.

for instance

1. Credit Card for zero interest purchases so you can buy big items and spread cost over a few months without loans

2. Something like Nationwide CC for cheap use abroad

3. Credit Card with zero percent balance transfers to put money into an offset mortgage saving you 5% of £10000 for each card you own each year

4. Loyalty type cards that give you free stays in your favourite hotel just for using it.

5. Flashy black card to look big and impressive even though you never use it.

As for ISAs why three? You can only have one a year, and you should take one out each year if you have the readies, therefore the amount of isas should equal age-(21 or similar)

Go back to sleep!

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
            Oh great, another tory
            Nothing wrong with that, however his ideas definetly don't fit in with the tory standpoint of free enterprise and market forces.

Comment

Working...
            X