PDA

View Full Version : Poll: PSC contractors - Has your contract been deemed inside or outside Ir35?

Bluenose
21st March 2017, 11:17
Poll is in relation to the new rules.

To make the sample accurate please only vote if you are or very recently were a public sector contractor and are affected by the new legislation.

All votes are private.

MeMeMe1966
21st March 2017, 14:15
Outside

NHS Organisation

Bluenose
22nd March 2017, 09:01
a pattern is emerging :)

jfazzie
22nd March 2017, 14:36
Outside

NHS Organisation

Same here too...

bobspud
23rd March 2017, 16:25
Outside :yay:

Bluenose
24th March 2017, 17:45
roughly a 55%-60% split favouring inside. Nothing like 90% though!

chineseJohn
29th March 2017, 07:43
... as HR are ignoring my many emails. The agency have called them no answer. The client manager is trying to get an answer too.

northernladuk
29th March 2017, 08:48
... as HR are ignoring my many emails. The agency have called them no answer. The client manager is trying to get an answer too.

So for now the worst case is your answer.

Finance
29th March 2017, 20:29
Out....

jollyrogers
30th March 2017, 08:27
Originally outside and due to be renewed, now told inside. NHS

pillar100
30th March 2017, 08:40
Post Office - Inside

NHS1979
31st March 2017, 06:07
Outside.

NHS organisation

northernladuk
31st March 2017, 09:14
Outside.

NHS organisation

Finally!!!

Finance
31st March 2017, 10:02
Finally!!!

I too am outside in an NHS organisation. MacKey isn't having things all his own way, there is a resistance.

New
2nd April 2017, 10:33
Inside: University: course project manager. (new courses for private sector clients, bespoke stuff with design mainly done from my office or onsite with end client about half of it overseas, about a quarter at the Uni's premises in the UK and about a quarter at end client's sites in UK.) Lots of travel.

Was told 10 days ago they were taking an "all contracting companies with less than 5 employees are IN" approach. They did circulate a questionnaire, based on HMRC tool, which I filled in but I'm not convinced how they've applied it as both my use of the HMRC tool and my accountants say OUT.

Kinda wondering what the point is now. :confused:

jollyrogers
3rd April 2017, 07:48
I too am outside in an NHS organisation. MacKey isn't having things all his own way, there is a resistance.

Well after I decided to challenge the inside decision after originally being told outside, it would appear the NHS organisation is having to rethink its decision and now invited a third party to review. The saga continues...

DotasScandal
3rd April 2017, 09:36
Was told 10 days ago they were taking an "all contracting companies with less than 5 employees are IN" approach.

Wonderful!
So now each org is making up their own IR35 rules as they go along.
That "Reasonable care" thing did not live long.

bobspud
3rd April 2017, 10:32
Wonderful!
So now each org is making up their own IR35 rules as they go along.
That "Reasonable care" thing did not live long.

Dont worry the lawyers will be along soon. That reasonable care thing is the next PPI claim for them :rollin:

DotasScandal
3rd April 2017, 11:11
Dont worry the lawyers will be along soon. That reasonable care thing is the next PPI claim for them :rollin:

Oh, I'm certain the lawyers will make out like bandits - as they are doing currently with the numerous APN Judicial Reviews (~£500K a pop).
As usual, we'll be the ones screwed.
The more things change...

MrMarkyMark
3rd April 2017, 11:31
Post Office - Inside

Errrrrrm...

Post office is no longer PS :confused:

Guesstimator
3rd April 2017, 11:41
FOI probably applies though.

A birdy told me today saw 75% fewer contractors in one govt area turned up today compared with Friday.
5% of the human resource.

MrMarkyMark
3rd April 2017, 11:45
FOI probably applies though.

A birdy told me today saw 75% fewer contractors in one govt area turned up today compared with Friday.
5% of the human resource.

Ah, possibly correct if he's contracting to Post Office LTD.

willendure
4th April 2017, 20:08
Outside.

The PSC took the sensible view that as all contractors had a right of substitution, that in practice they would be very likely to accept a recommended substitute - it would save them the trouble of recruiting afresh.

Unix
5th April 2017, 11:42
Outside :D

jamesbrown
5th April 2017, 12:21
Outside.

The PSC took the sensible view that as all contractors had a right of substitution, that in practice they would be very likely to accept a recommended substitute - it would save them the trouble of recruiting afresh.

Interesting. Sounds like they aren't using the ESS though (or may be ignoring the guidance therein).

northernladuk
5th April 2017, 12:33
Outside.

I'd don't think I'd be very happy with that reasoning if it ever got investigated. RoS is there to prove we are a business in our own rights. Not to save them trouble recruiting the next inside person.

Many contractors don't understand substituting isn't just sending a new guy in the Monday after you've left and I strongly suspect reading that the client doesn't either. Only takes one complex situation that is more trouble than them getting a new bod and there is a good chance they'll be changing their stance of substitution.

Right answer, wrong reasons.

sal
5th April 2017, 14:21
Outside, London University

swamp
5th April 2017, 17:00
Outside. Central Government department. :D

jollyrogers
5th April 2017, 18:44
So here is an interesting development.

My clientco is NHS Org. As said in previous post, originally outside a month ago when arranging renewal but told last week inside with no justification or explanation. Challenged it and now been sent an ESA form from clientco created by brookson legal services.

daemon
6th April 2017, 14:26
Originally deemed outside, however theyall contractors 24th March with a view to re-issuing formal outside of IR35 contracts from the 6th April. Unnecessary.

Yesterday they've decided everyone is IN and they've issued the roles to the agencies to recruit people...

Totally banal.

cojak
6th April 2017, 15:43
So here is an interesting development.

My clientco is NHS Org. As said in previous post, originally outside a month ago when arranging renewal but told last week inside with no justification or explanation. Challenged it and now been sent an ESA form from clientco created by brookson legal services.

Quelle surprise*!

(*Pas...)

Bod
7th April 2017, 16:06
Outside (phew... )

Major central gov't dept.

Took a gamble continuing in role, now assessed outside by QDOS and subsequently confirmed by PSB.