• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Back in the old days of this Forum....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back in the old days of this Forum....

I haven't been here much recently but I remember back in the old days of this Forum (must have been 6 or 7 tears ago) when I first started posting it was all contractor and technical related enquiries on the General Forum.

I remember one time when I posted something that was not contractor or technical related, soon sfter I joined, I was jumped on by some of the old timers (relativel) on the board who asked sarcastically how my thread related to contracting issues (IR35 was all the rage then) and that this was a board for IT Contractors.

I remember arguing that it was a board for anything that was of interest to IT Contractors and that could be about IT Contracting matters or anything else that interested them.

It was a bit serious in those days.

Now look at it!

It has gone from strength to strength and strengthened its position as the number one Forum for IT Contractors.

I see that Milan and Atw still come here. Is there anyone who is still on here from the old days when I posted under the guise of FromtheUSA (where I lived at the time) and later NamesFacesPlaces?

Whatever happened to fiddle?
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by ITContractor
      I haven't been here much recently but I remember back in the old days of this Forum (must have been 6 or 7 tears ago) when I first started posting it was all contractor and technical related enquiries on the General Forum.

I remember one time when I posted something that was not contractor or technical related, soon sfter I joined, I was jumped on by some of the old timers (relativel) on the board who asked sarcastically how my thread related to contracting issues (IR35 was all the rage then) and that this was a board for IT Contractors.

I remember arguing that it was a board for anything that was of interest to IT Contractors and that could be about IT Contracting matters or anything else that interested them.

It was a bit serious in those days.

Now look at it!

It has gone from strength to strength and strengthened its position as the number one Forum for IT Contractors.

I see that Milan and Atw still come here. Is there anyone who is still on here from the old days when I posted under the guise of FromtheUSA (where I lived at the time) and later NamesFacesPlaces?
      Hello Gerry, Why are you bigging up this site when your site(s) are far superior?

BTW I used to come here several years ago under another name and all I remember was Roger Rabbit bashing Shaunbhoy or going on about Kylie. Not sure what that had to do with contracting.
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
        BTW I used to come here several years ago under another name and all I remember was Roger Rabbit bashing Shaunbhoy
        In your dreams. That lightweight? He was less of a challenge than alexei.
        Pah!
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by ITContractor
          I see that Milan and Atw still come here.
          We are on CUK payroll now - getting paid for being the glue that keep CUK Forum together, in a way we are the major souls of this forum.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
            We are on CUK payroll now - getting paid for being the glue that keep CUK Forum together, in a way we are the major souls of this forum.

HTH
            More like 'soles' as we do tend to walk all over you...
            Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Arsesouls maybe...
              Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by AtW

HTH
                Although in your case alexei, you are more of a major (R)soul eh?

Damn snaw!! Beat me to it. Great minds think alike though!
                18 points ahead of the hunz by saturday night you reckon?
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
                  Hello Gerry, Why are you bigging up this site when your site(s) are far superior?

BTW I used to come here several years ago under another name and all I remember was Roger Rabbit bashing Shaunbhoy or going on about Kylie. Not sure what that had to do with contracting.
                  That's very kind of you but this is definitely the top Forum going by the number of posts.

I was just trying to remember who else came here in the old days. There was Fiddle and there was Xogoth and there was Steve from the PCG but I don't remember if he had a nickname or not.

I see Scotspine is a Moderator now.

Comment

But on the other hand, there used to be sections for 'business/accountancy/legal/whatever' questions that nobody used.

There was an overseas one as well.

tim

Comment

Working...
                    X