• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cancelled booking in me airbnb pad this weekend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cancelled booking in me airbnb pad this weekend

because of recent events in London!

A booking due this weekend was cancelled last minute. Travelling from the continent they felt it was not the time to travel to the UK because of perceived danger

I don't blame them really, London is only 500 miles from Edinburgh and I still feel the danger at more than twice that danger.

I guess the terrorists will stay in the UK once the drawbridge is lifted up.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

A booking due this weekend was cancelled last minute. Travelling from the continent they felt it was not the time to travel to the UK because of perceived danger

I don't blame them really, London is only 500 miles from Edinburgh and I still feel the danger at more than twice that danger.

At least they won't nick your family heirlooms this way.

Comment

I guess they won't be visiting anywhere in Europe then.

Or the Middle-East.

Or Africa

Or North America

Or South America

It's Antarctica or nothing!

Comment

PS. I hope you berated them for letting the terrorists "Win".

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
          PS. I hope you berated them for letting the terrorists "Win".
          I think it's more likely he had a little wank over being able to blame something else on brexit.

Comment

In all seriousness though, I'm sure I am not the only one who feels more nervous these days travelling to big cities like London. I know life goes on and we can't let the terrorists win, but by comparison I've got a nice little holiday planned around some of the smaller Greek islands later in the year, and aside from hoping the plane gets there in one piece, at least I won't have to worry about terrorists storming the deserted beaches

Comment

Did you not recommend the Thistle, Heathrow?

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                It's Antarctica or nothing!
                Unless they are afraid of Polar Bears

Comment

Originally posted by Willapp View Post
                  In all seriousness though, I'm sure I am not the only one who feels more nervous these days travelling to big cities like London. I know life goes on and we can't let the terrorists win, but by comparison I've got a nice little holiday planned around some of the smaller Greek islands later in the year, and aside from hoping the plane gets there in one piece, at least I won't have to worry about terrorists storming the deserted beaches
                  As things stand you've got more chance of falling victim leaving London than at your destination.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

London : 'we're holding a referendum to leave the Eureopean union

EU: 'OK'

Scotland: 'we're holding a referendum to leave the UK union'

London: ' Oh no you're not'.
                    How about sticking with the truth

A - The UK didn't need the EU's permission.
                    B - Scotland does require the agreement of the UK to have a referendum - in this case a second one in less than five years.

Comment

Working...
                    X