• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sky Atlantic - The British

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sky Atlantic - The British

Very interesting watch. It has pointed out that for 5000 years the UK has punched well above its weight. Stonehenge was the marvel of Western Europe. There has been the odd invasion - though the UK was never fully conquered. The UK has had the largest Empire the globe has ever seen.

I am not quite sure why the UK should suddenly start doing badly after 5000 years just because of BrExit.

Though if the UK does start doing badly, I will be blaming it on the Bremoaners and the leeches who do nothing except criticize. Led by sasguru of course....

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Very interesting watch. It has pointed out that for 5000 years the UK has punched well above its weight. Stonehenge was the marvel of Western Europe. There has been the odd invasion - though the UK was never fully conquered. The UK has had the largest Empire the globe has ever seen.

I am not quite sure why the UK should suddenly start doing badly after 5000 years just because of BrExit.

Though if the UK does start doing badly, I will be blaming it on the Bremoaners and the leeches who do nothing except criticize. Led by sasguru of course....
    Quite a few people already had this view.

Which was why leave was popular.

Comment

New Labour harnessed 'New Britannia', the belief that somehow the national construct of Britain was broken and needed to be fixed. I don't think it was broken.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        New Labour harnessed 'New Britannia', the belief that somehow the national construct of Britain was broken and needed to be fixed. I don't think it was broken.
        It was when New Lie was finished. In hoc up to the eyeballs, obsessed with fairness not justice.

anyway away with you dreaming of past glories we can't live without our mates JC Junket & Angels Merkel telling us what to do.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Punching above one's weight and handing out a begging bowl to the IMF are not mutually exclusive.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

I am so happy with being British that we have again decided you can have Andy Murray over the Wimbledon tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              Punching above one's weight and handing out a begging bowl to the IMF are not mutually exclusive.

Better than letting the population need a begging bowl for food like the Southern EU.

Comment

It was the two World Wars that did for us.
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

The UK did not exist that long ago.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    The UK did not exist that long ago.
                    Well the UK has been around longer than the country of Germany - 310 years versus 146 years.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X