• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DVLA online disk licensing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVLA online disk licensing

Just used it and it is pretty neat - just one number to give from the form they snail mailed you, no need to bother finding MOT/Insurance certificates in my vault. For a change (in Govt IT) whoever implemented that solution seems to have done a nice job!

Originally posted by AtW
    Just used it and it is pretty neat - just one number to give from the form they snail mailed you, no need to bother finding MOT/Insurance certificates in my vault. For a change (in Govt IT) whoever implemented that solution seems to have done a nice job!
    Haved used it a few times now and yes I agree it is good. Beats queueing and no mistake.

Well done on owning a car by the way!

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

My Porsche is leased, but girls in my locality don't need to know about it

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
        My Porsche is leased, but girls in my locality don't need to know about it

Perception is reality.
        Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

have you seen the system the MOT places have to use though...

siemens 33k modems and flaky desktop app... i think this is a project of two halves..
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

It worked smoothly enough - in principle when they issue those registrations they should have already checked that the car has got insurance and MOT, otherwise not issue unique ID that they snail mailed me.

If they do indeed deliver new tax disk within 5 days then I'd say the system is reasonably well working.

Comment

Working...
            X