• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank safe deposit box

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank safe deposit box

Thinking of renting a bank safe deposit box - looks like the main UK banks have pulled out of this market and only Metro Bank now offers this service.

Anyone know of any leading UK banks that still offer a safe deposit box?

The Metro Bank service is not insured but no idea if that's standard.

Only need to a small box to store jewellery. Any good or bad experiences, I'd like to hear.

thanks

Originally posted by ContractorBanking View Post
    Thinking of renting a bank safe deposit box - looks like the main UK banks have pulled out of this market and only Metro Bank now offers this service.

Anyone know of any leading UK banks that still offer a safe deposit box?

The Metro Bank service is not insured but no idea if that's standard.

Only need to a small box to store jewellery. Any good or bad experiences, I'd like to hear.

thanks
    Only know of Metro offering & didn't realise the no insurance issue - Mother in Law tried to rent one in Romford recently & there was a waiting list !

If it's only for Jewellery why not install one in your house - which will be covered with your contents insurance?

Comment

Banks don't want to provide essential services like this...

Comment

They are not insured because the bank doesn't know what you are keeping inside.
        There are few private players in London area though, which are cheaper than Metro.

Comment

Originally posted by rd409 View Post
          There are few private players in London area though, which are cheaper than Metro.
          I hear Hatton Garden is offering good rates, no insurance though ...

Comment

Thanks all. Looks like I've got to go with Metro, don't feel comfortable leaving it at home.

One thing on insurance - I'd rather not add the valuable contents on the home insurance policy, anyone know of any insurance company where I can specifically insurance jewellery that's held at a bank safe deposit box?

thanks again

Comment

Thanks all. Looks like I've got to go with Metro, don't feel comfortable leaving it at home.

One thing on insurance - I'd rather not add the valuable contents on the home insurance policy, anyone know of any insurance company where I can specifically insurance jewellery that's held at a bank safe deposit box?

thanks again

[NLUK]
              have you asked your Broker?
              [/NLUK]

seriously does sound like its worth asking a broker.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

thanks again
                So everytime you want to put on your funky expensive tiara you have to trek to the bank first?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  So everytime you want to put on your funky expensive tiara you have to trek to the bank first?
                  Just buy bedsit on top of the bank

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Just buy bedsit on top of the bank
                    And miss out on 30s kebab delivery? I don't think so!

Comment

Working...
                    X