• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella Requirements LTD Any good ??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umbrella Requirements LTD Any good ??

My Agency is suggesting/forcing me to use an Umbrella Company from there preferred supplier list of

· Paystream Ltd
    · JSA Services Ltd
    · NASA Umbrella Ltd
    · Umbrella Requirements Ltd

It's annoying to say the least that I need to choose one of the above, let alone give up my LTD (public sector contractor, IR35 In etc .............)
    surely I should have the freedom to choose any umbrella co I like.

When I challenged my agency about this, I was told for "auditing purposes" I need to choose from the 4 above. WHY ??

So your thoughts please on the above brolly companies

From checking this forum, I've already dismissed paystream & JSA

NASA seems ok (never used them before) but cheap enough
    Umbrella Requirements Ltd never heard of them

Thanks

It sometimes depends on the agency, we have worked with some contractors and managed to get an allowance for them to work via ourselves from the agency, but that said our contractors have been prepared to walk from the assignment unless they agreed.. so it may depend on how strongly you feel about it

Comment

Originally posted by Awkward View Post
      My Agency is suggesting/forcing me to use an Umbrella Company from there preferred supplier list of

· Paystream Ltd
      · JSA Services Ltd
      · NASA Umbrella Ltd
      · Umbrella Requirements Ltd

It's annoying to say the least that I need to choose one of the above, let alone give up my LTD (public sector contractor, IR35 In etc .............)
      surely I should have the freedom to choose any umbrella co I like.

When I challenged my agency about this, I was told for "auditing purposes" I need to choose from the 4 above. WHY ??

So your thoughts please on the above brolly companies

From checking this forum, I've already dismissed paystream & JSA

NASA seems ok (never used them before) but cheap enough
      Umbrella Requirements Ltd never heard of them

Thanks
      NASA are a AUCAE member so should be trustworthy. Do push back on the agency though, it will be them pushing you and nothing to do with the client. If you have the offer in the bag then you are in a good position to negotiate. As Lucy said, you may have to be prepared to walk away if you can't work with the Brolly you want.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
      X