• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spam call - but long number

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spam call - but long number

They may not be spam, because we've never answered - they just get added to be block list. But the numbers are a bit odd, and they've never left a message on the answering machine, so it's obviously not important. Usually you can search and verify that the number is spam, but with these I've found nothing.

etc.

The first 11 numbers vary, but the remainder are evidently the same.

Has anyone information about these - any of you telecom types? I've just blocked *0001550484* which seems to work.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    They may not be spam, because we've never answered - they just get added to be block list. But the numbers are a bit odd, and they've never left a message on the answering machine, so it's obviously not important. Usually you can search and verify that the number is spam, but with these I've found nothing.

etc.

The first 11 numbers vary, but the remainder are evidently the same.

Has anyone information about these - any of you telecom types? I've just blocked *0001550484* which seems to work.
    I've had these. It's an English guy called Phil targeting UK citizens living in the EU / EEA / Switzerland, looking for donations of hard currency for some cause or other.

Comment

Sounds like an area of the service sector.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Sounds like an area of the service sector.
        Auf Englisch, bitte?
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I think he's suggesting it's pron related. Maybe a wank line calling you back because you were only connected for 5 seconds?

Comment

Not had those but I do get other long numbers. Darn nuisance as they scroll on my call display thingy. Still at least you know they're crap, unlike the ones that spoof your local code. Or maybe there's an Indian call centre next door.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Auf Englisch, bitte?
              Ich freue mich schon sehr dem negotiations, zuerst feuerwerkskörper und dan nichts. Ist mein dative richtig? Ich kennen nicht..
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
              X