• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lloyds of London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lloyds of London

Setup shop in Brussels

They do 11% of their business in Europe so they've set up a subsidiary organisation there.

McDonalds do a lot of business in the UK, so they've got a big shiny office here. Not only that, they're moving their European Headquarters to the UK too.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Setup shop in Brussels
      https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...s-1-000-people

I'm sure that 1000 people will take back control of their lives now.

U.K. Prime Minister Theresa May’s plan to pull Britain out of the European single market has prompted international banks and insurers to begin looking to move jobs to other EU countries. Estimates for the number of people who could move range from 4,000 to more than 200,000.
      Last edited by diseasex; 30 March 2017, 12:10.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
        https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...s-1-000-people

I'm sure that 1000 people will take back control of their lives now.
        Estimates from 4,000 to over 200,000?

Wow, with that degree of accuracy, sasguru could look accurate.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          They do 11% of their business in Europe so they've set up a subsidiary organisation there.
          I reckon a lot more business would go to that subsidiary

Comment

I reckon a lot more business would go to that subsidiary
            I'm very pleased for you.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              Lloyds do 89% of their business in the UK?

I don't think so.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Lloyds do 89% of their business in the UK? I don't think so.
                Yep, most of their business got to be international - all this will go to Brussels too.

Comment

Yep, most of their business got to be international - all this will go to Brussels too.
                  Are you saying it is possible to trade internationally outside the EU? Why did no one say this before?!
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Lloyds do 89% of their business in the UK?

I don't think so.

Breaking news:
                    Lloyds of London trade globally. 11% is European mainland. 89% is rest of the world, including the UK.

Yep, most of their business got to be international - all this will go to Brussels too
                    Clueless guessing, standard bremoan speculation.

Comment

Working...
                    X