• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Barcelona perm job salary 60 K EUR , how is the money ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am wondering if 60 K EUR is too low for Barcelona for a senior position, as I have never been there. It is not contractor money, but you need to get what you can. Apparently one-bed flat is only 600 EUR there.

Try:

www.permiespain.com

More importantly, do you like percebes?
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by europetractor View Post
      I am wondering if 60 K EUR is too low for Barcelona for a senior position, as I have never been there. It is not contractor money, but you need to get what you can. Apparently one-bed flat is only 600 EUR there.
      It's not what you earn that matters, it's what you have to spend. If your rent is 600 a month you're quids (or euros) in.
      And more importantly if you're single, Barcelona is a city with great nightlife and many nice senoritas.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

You can't compare the cost of living in the UK with that of Spain. You might be surprised how far your money will go.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
          Permie's pain?

Comment

60K is a good salary.

Check out https://www.glassdoor.com/

There you can compare salaries in Spain.

The take home looks fine, I would say no probs.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
              Permie's pain?
              PermieSpain
              http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Off you trot snowflakes.

Comment

Originally posted by europetractor View Post
                  60k is about 40k after tax. Which is about 3k per month in your pocket.

You need to spend minimum 1.5k to live. Probably more if you do it in tourist mode.

So you will save about 1.5k-2k per month.

Factor in a few flights and you've hardly saved anything.

You can't really jump from a permie job after 6 months, it looks bad on CV. You have to do 2 years and walk away with a promotion or significant skillup to make it worth anything on your CV.

I would only do it:

1. For fun- Barcelona is great and if you are young would be awesome place to spend time
                  2. To learn Spanish
                  3. Because I was desperate for cash
                  4. If it opened up bigger opportunities afterwards where I could recoup my losses later- skills

Comment

I was talking to a German friend who's based in Madrid but having to work in Germany because the salaries in Spain are still too low. He's looking for permie roles and they are not really there for him to come back to Madrid full-time (he's a technical person Siebel/Salesforce IIRC)

If you've no kids, I'd definitely consider it.

Comment

Working...
                    X