• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First Direct

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Direct

So I got the letter from FD telling me they will be charging me a tenner a month as I don't meet their criteria. As a contractor with low salary and irregular (but hefty) divvies it is easy to fall outside that criteria even though you may be netting 5 times the permie who is depositing their £1500 take home every month, bless em.

Got in touch with them and they spouted the criteria again and refused to listen. So I can either switch banks (If you're paying for a bank account then at least make sure it is a premium one) or, I take one of their other products such as loans, mortgages etc.

Or - I take out one of their savings account and stick a quid in it!

But I'm minded just to say feck em...

Older and ...well, just older!!

I have a current account that I haven't used with them for about 8 years now. It shows a balance of -£0.10 just to p1ss them off as they mucked me about for ages. Looks like I'm going to have to close it down for good.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Go with the nationwide:

-Go over you overdraft? they just increase it automatically with no charge

-Free withdrawals from foreign ATMs

-No charge for using other banks ATMs even if they say they will charge you

-Excellent internet banking service

-Good interest rate on savings with linked account

-They won't be trying to claw back the compo the other banks have been paying out becuase they never charged in the first place.

They are still a mutal so they aren't so interested in stuffing you
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I second the Nationwide.

- UK call centres too.
        - Overseas money transfers very quick not like the banks who still take the p!ss with clearing times.

However, they don't do business accounts (not the last time I checked anyway).
        Drivel is my speciality

Comment

They do business accounts but you need to deposit a minimum of £5000 to open the account.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Natwest Primeline

Comment

Why do people insist on going with these old banks and all their charges?

You guys must like paying out money for nothing
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
                You know it's what they deserve.

Why do people change banks less ofthen than spouses?

Comment

I concur with the most important, the most beautiful, the most magical...
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
                    So I got the letter from FD telling me they will be charging me a tenner a month as I don't meet their criteria. As a contractor with low salary and irregular (but hefty) divvies it is easy to fall outside that criteria even though you may be netting 5 times the permie who is depositing their £1500 take home every month, bless em.

Got in touch with them and they spouted the criteria again and refused to listen. So I can either switch banks (If you're paying for a bank account then at least make sure it is a premium one) or, I take one of their other products such as loans, mortgages etc.

Or - I take out one of their savings account and stick a quid in it!

Why can't you just leave 1500 quid in it?

Treat that as the zero amount. You can go below ocasionally, but not make it the norm.

Or do you spend all of your income every month? If you do, what are you going to live on when you are between contracts?

tim

Comment

Working...
                    X