• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any bregreters on this forum?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wonder if anyone regrets their decision and would vote otherwise (regardless of brexit or bremain)

I was a fence sitter for some time, and only in the last days running up to the referendum did I swing towards leave. Something about the massively overexaggerated fear and threats, plus Juncker's intervention.

Since the vote, I haven't wavered back towards or over to the other side of the fence and so do not regret my vote.

Nothing about the events leading up to it or since have led me to think the EU was ever our 'friend' but rather liked our financial contributions and so put up with us.
    Taking a break from contracting

Comment

No, I still think it will prove to be the lesser of two evils.

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
        I was a fence sitter for some time, and only in the last days running up to the referendum did I swing towards leave. Something about the massively overexaggerated fear and threats, plus Juncker's intervention.

Since the vote, I haven't wavered back towards or over to the other side of the fence and so do not regret my vote.

Nothing about the events leading up to it or since have led me to think the EU was ever our 'friend' but rather liked our financial contributions and so put up with us.
        Jacob Rees Mogg and his nanny are your friends.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          Jacob Rees Mogg and his nanny are your friends.
          The EU's unfunded liabilities are now approaching 2.6 JRM nannies. At 2.7 nannies, Jean-Claude will need to partially liquidate the EC's wine cellar. Glug, glug.

Comment

I regret the division it has caused in families, friendships and the countries of the UK.
            http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
              UK’s ‘net contribution’ was estimated at about £8.6 billion in 2016. Pocket change really.

In the year before the UK spent £12 billion foreign aid.

The benefits to us from aid spending are what exactly?

The benefits from being EU members are clear. Tax free trade for one. Honestly I'll laugh my pants off if the UK finds itself spending more than £8billion a year on tariffs (or extended business bureaucracy) whilst not receiving the funds for the mini projects around the land, which the UK clearly has no intention of maintaining.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                UK’s ‘net contribution’ was estimated at about £8.6 billion in 2016. Pocket change really.

In the year before the UK spent £12 billion foreign aid.

The benefits to us from aid spending are what exactly?

The benefits from being EU members are clear. Tax free trade for one. Honestly I'll laugh my pants off if the UK finds itself spending more than £8billion a year on tariffs (or extended business bureaucracy) whilst not receiving the funds for the mini projects around the land, which the UK clearly has no intention of maintaining.
                The benefits of aid spending are to help make a better place for the third world so they don't jump on boats and Cross the med in an attempt for a better like in the EU gated community.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                  The benefits of aid spending are to help make a better place for the third world so they don't jump on boats and Cross the med in an attempt for a better like in the EU gated community.
                  'developing world' - we share the same planet you know.

Ah yes the UK spent £1.75 billion bombing Libya, a conflict that should never have happened. We spent £1.75 to destabilised northern Africa so people would jump on boats and drown themselves in the thousands so we could spend billions on aid on them as an act of kindness.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    'developing world' - we share the same planet you know.

Ah yes the UK spent £1.75 billion bombing Libya, a conflict that should never have happened. We spent £1.75 to destabilised northern Africa so people would jump on boats and drown themselves in the thousands so we could spend billions on aid on them as an act of kindness.
                    Yeah - my bad - developing world.

Maybe the EU should look to make North Africa nice rather than protectionist single market syndicates.

The problem with modern conflicts is a lack of appetite to put boots on the ground.

I've said it before, a million troops on the ground would crush ISIS and restore law and order in North Africa and the Middle East.

Comment

Working...
                    X