• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BT broadband business vs residential

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BT broadband business vs residential

I've recently moved house and now have superfast broadband available.

I used to have standard broadband under a business account but the cost of a business bt infinity package seems extortionate compared to residential. You don't get bt sport etc either.

I'd like to keep broadband and phone as a business expense as it helps keep me under the higher rate threshold but not sure now.

Do any other providers do competitive business deals? Moneysupermarket lists loads in my area but it all seems to be residential and I CBA to talk to any sales people so I'm asking here instead

Where do you live roughly? Oh and unless you have another non-business broadband account then you are only going to be able to claim a proportion.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The main difference (as I see it) between BT Business and BT Residential is the hub and the support.

Why would residential be a problem for you?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Zen.

Cheap and you end up cheerful with their support.

https://www.zen.co.uk/smallerbusiness/

£33.25 fibre & line.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Where do you live roughly? Oh and unless you have another non-business broadband account then you are only going to be able to claim a proportion.

Dorset

Accountant tells me if the contract is in my ltd's name it's 100% claimable.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Why would residential be a problem for you?
            I like to expense as much as I can to keep below the upper rate threshold

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              Zen.

Cheap and you end up cheerful with their support.

https://www.zen.co.uk/smallerbusiness/

£33.25 fibre & line.
              Nice one.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
                Dorset

Accountant tells me if the contract is in my ltd's name it's 100% claimable.
                But in reality the personal use will be what, > 95%?

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                  But in reality the personal use will be what, > 95%?
                  Bit of a grey area, surely. You need to have BB in order to comply with all the online filing requirements etc. So claim for it.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                  X