• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

getting at client's office

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

getting at client's office

hi all,
    i was wondering one question... do all contractors here work in a 'flexible time manner' or you have to start to work at same time as permies?
    i guess generally depends on the client requirements, but generally, being paid per day, i guess you can start 'whenever you want' (with some limits of course)..

is it like that in practice?

sorry for silly question.. i m still a permie and plan to start contracting soon, and was wondering if as a contractor you can work with flexible time

in my prev job (finland) all employees (contractor or not) can work with flexible time... i found out that here's in UK flexible time is not so common (especially with permies)

thanks and regards
    Marco

today has been my second and last day on the client site for this week - so that's a no from me!
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I'm on customer site 3 or 4 days a week and the PM likes to seem me in between 10 and 4.

When at home, so long as customer can contact me and I get the work done they don''t care.
      Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

I'm on my first contract after crossing over from the Land of Permies and am amazed at what contractors can get away with! WFP seems to be quite popular.

Comment

Denny will only go on client site for essential meetings under the terms of his B2B contract with the EB...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

I read the header quickly and thought it said "Getting it at clients office".

Disappointed now
            Lick my Chutney Lollipop

Comment

Originally posted by Paula
              I read the header quickly and thought it said "Getting it at clients office".

Disappointed now
              Where do you work? We'll pop round...
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

apologies to all from wrong title..... just after posting i realized that Working in flexible time was the proper title

anyway, thanx for comments

Marco

Comment

I've mostly done full time hours. If you have meetings or just have to interact with the permies then there's only so much you can get away with.

In my new job I'm paid per hour again, and as I'll be staying away some of the time I'm wondering if I can get away with doing all my hours mon-thurs and take Friday off. I think I'm always a bit too worried about the client thinking I'm not doing enough.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
                    Denny will only go on client site for essential meetings under the terms of his B2B contract with the EB...

That's why I'm outside IR35 and you nodding dogs are not.

Comment

Working...
                    X