• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My next car will be a Nissan Qashqai

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My next car will be a Nissan Qashqai

http://video.dailymail.co.uk/preview...6456157968.mp4

Drunk woman at the wheel and young child in the back - no injuries.

Last edited by _V_; 10 April 2017, 21:24.
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Next time I'm impersonating the Dukes of Hazzard, I won't be doing it in a Quashqai. Nul points.

Comment

Luckily, they didn't have injuries. Hopefully, woman learned a lesson from this accident.

Comment

Did you see the height they cleared?

Probably had a second or two of weightlessness on the decent!
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Modern day cars are effectively lethal weapons - and I say this from my experience as a cyclist.

In days gone by, most cars would struggle to reach 70 mph and you'd have wind it up some before you even got there.

These days a blip of the throttle and you're 0-60 in a couple of seconds taking out a couple of cycles in the process..

It's high time the bhp and top speeds of road vehicles was limited or perhaps some type of governor be fitted to all new vehicles.

It can't be hard with the technology we have at our fingertips.

Comment

Originally posted by darryle View Post
            Luckily, they didn't have injuries. Hopefully, woman learned a lesson from this accident.
            The lesson that her driving license and children will be taken away?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
              Modern day cars are effectively lethal weapons - and I say this from my experience as a cyclist.

In days gone by, most cars would struggle to reach 70 mph and you'd have wind it up some before you even got there.

These days a blip of the throttle and you're 0-60 in a couple of seconds taking out a couple of cycles in the process..

It's high time the bhp and top speeds of road vehicles was limited or perhaps some type of governor be fitted to all new vehicles.

It can't be hard with the technology we have at our fingertips.
              Brought it on yourself....

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

My point is that I see people in high performance cars driving like lunatics every day.

Going through red lights on roundabouts is the main one. They think just because the light has only just changed to red, there will be enough of a delay on the opposing set of lights for them to get through safely. There isn't and I've lost count of the number of near misses I've seen recently.

We need more jam sandwiches on our roads; that'll make these beemer drivers think twice before running a red light.

Comment

My point is that I see people in high performance cars driving like lunatics every day.

Going through red lights on roundabouts is the main one. They think just because the light has only just changed to red, there will be enough of a delay on the opposing set of lights for them to get through safely. There isn't and I've lost count of the number of near misses I've seen recently.

We need more jam sandwiches on our roads; that'll make these beemer drivers think twice before running a red light.
                  And your point is, cars and bikes can be just as bad as each other, IMO?

A lot of bikes in London have no concept of red lights or crossings, I have nearly been hit and shouted at on a number of occasions.
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I've seen far more cyclists take chances at red lights than car drivers. If cyclists are brain-dead enough to think that they'll win in a collision, let them carry on taking those risks.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X