• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MPs coming MPs Going

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MPs coming MPs Going

Gidiot is standing down as the MP for Tatton at the age of 45. The Evening Standard has the scoop....
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

That's why she's called the early election - it solves the Osborne problem and the need for a by-election (or more than one when the expenses investigation finishes)
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      That's why she's called the early election - it solves the Osborne problem and the need for a by-election (or more than one when the expenses investigation finishes)
      WHS
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

The former Chancellor, 45, made plain that he intends to stay active in political debates on issues he is passionate about. And he hinted he could make a political comeback in future, saying he was leaving Westminster “for now”.
        “I want a Britain that is free, open, diverse and works with other nations to defend our democratic values in the world.
        I disagree with May.

Ed Balls on the other hand may make a come back. <shudder>

Comment

Mps coming? Is that bukkake?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Ed Balls on the other hand may make a come back.
            He'd be very popular, and probably quite effective.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Mps coming? Is that bukkake?
              It's no wonder their moat cleaning costs are so high.

Comment

Vince Cable is attempting a comeback, I expect he'll be a bit more cheery this time when he knocks on my door. Mind you I was probably the 499th person that day who told him he wasn't getting my vote last time. And he won't be getting it this time either, but I think he may well sneak back in.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  Vince Cable is attempting a comeback, I expect he'll be a bit more cheery this time when he knocks on my door. Mind you I was probably the 499th person that day who told him he wasn't getting my vote last time. And he won't be getting it this time either, but I think he may well sneak back in.
                  If you have 3 or more adult voters registered voters in your house, you should tell the 3 larger parties that someone in the household is voting for them.

Then add in "I am trying to persuade them otherwise so can't give you any names." Then shut the door.

Personally I hide when they come round to mine but have a full discussion when I'm at family or friends' just to see if the canvasser knows what they are talking about.

Comment

Nobody has ever knocked on my door.

But, since the same guy has been MP since before I was born, that's not really a surprise.

Comment

Working...
                    X