• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hmph....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmph....

I've just heard that, in the UK, because of a new law where contractors can claim redundancy, that certain companies are now introducing new procedures to not employ contractors beyond 6 months.

Anybody has trouble with this ?

Sounds pretty dire.
    I'm alright Jack

Contractors can claim redundancy? Thats the first I've heard of that. Surely if they did though they'd be knacked IR35 wise!
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

It's about time the government banned all types of free enterprise. Let's face it, everyones an employee of the government now, so why kid ourselves?

Look on the bright side. At least you'll have plenty of variety in your contracts now and plenty of rest in between them.

Comment

I have heard of this - but only in the university sector. New legislation forces employers to pay redundancy to people with fixed term contracts.

google for

Fixed-term Employees (Less Favourable Treatment) Regulations 2002

Comment

Originally posted by TheOmegaMan
          I have heard of this - but only in the university sector. New legislation forces employers to pay redundancy to people with fixed term contracts.

google for

Fixed-term Employees (Less Favourable Treatment) Regulations 2002
          Hence another reason to have clear B2B contracts and working practices, operate a ltd, etc.

Does this mean that company X cannot supply company Y with services that go beyond 6 months? Of course not.

Get a grip!

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates
            I've just heard that, in the UK, because of a new law where contractors can claim redundancy, that certain companies are now introducing new procedures to not employ contractors beyond 6 months.

Anybody has trouble with this ?

Sounds pretty dire.
            Used to happen in the pharma sector, don't know if it still does ...
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
            X