• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Swap my vote

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swap my vote

For those who want to give May a kicking - Swap My Vote
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    For those who want to give May a kicking - Swap My Vote
    Forgive me, but how is that going to work better than "everyone who wants to give TM a kicking just voting for someone else"? Unless it involves a co-ordinated approach to voting, e.g. all vote LibDem (there's no point in anyone saying "all vote Labour" because everyone will just laugh at you) it doesn't seem to achieve much. Is there a rationale to this or is it just some flumpty-wumpty on Twitter who wants their 15 mins?
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Gina Miller plans 'biggest tactical voting effort in UK history' ahead of snap election | The Independent

The election could be interesting at least in some constituencies. Voting tactically looks like the name of the game.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

If TM ends up with a 17 or even 20 something seat majority, that will be a highly amusing outcome.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

June marks the end of May. But not this year, alas.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...al-a-coalition
          My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            Gina Miller plans 'biggest tactical voting effort in UK history' ahead of snap election | The Independent

The election could be interesting at least in some constituencies. Voting tactically looks like the name of the game.

She must have a lot to lose, bearing in mind if she cared that much about the EU she can afford to go anywhere she wants. Let's hope for her sake she doesn't breach electoral spending rules. That would be embarrassing, wouldn't it?
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              Forgive me, but how is that going to work better than "everyone who wants to give TM a kicking just voting for someone else"? Unless it involves a co-ordinated approach to voting, e.g. all vote LibDem (there's no point in anyone saying "all vote Labour" because everyone will just laugh at you) it doesn't seem to achieve much. Is there a rationale to this or is it just some flumpty-wumpty on Twitter who wants their 15 mins?
              The site was alive and used in 2015.

The idea was is you wanted to vote Green and the largest opposition party in your constituency was Lib Dem, then you would look for someone in say Brighton who wanted to vote Lib Dem. They would then vote Green and you would vote Lib Dem. That way both your votes would be more likely to count and you would help avoid getting in someone for parties you hate.

The current voting system for GE means about 50% of votes are wasted.

Comment

If TM ends up with a 17 or even 20 something seat majority, that will be a highly amusing outcome.

That would be one of the best case scenarios.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  It gets people motivated to actually vote rather than sitting at home thinking it makes no difference in their constituency.

Could make the difference between a big and small majority.

It basically means the conservatives facing off to a 35% opposition rather than 25% if tactical voting takes off. A small swing to against the Tories could wallop their "landslide" majority.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

She's gonna end up living in a safe house at this rate

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
                    June marks the end of May. But not this year, alas.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...al-a-coalition
                    Again - Sturgeon isn't an MP so con't be Corbyn's deputy PM

Comment

Working...
                    X