• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Frozen shoulder - flippin heck it hurts....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frozen shoulder - flippin heck it hurts....

Must be getting old. Falling to pieces...

Flippin hurts like buggery. NHS useless - have a few painkillers. Private cortisone injection next on cards I think....

Anyone else ever have? Apparently its more common when you're over 40 {sigh}
    Last edited by psychocandy; 16 May 2017, 13:26.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Is this your play for Motability?

Comment

Probably stress. Get a massage asap. A wonder drug is not going to fix.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
        Is this your play for Motability?
        Ha ha - never thought of that!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Probably stress. Get a massage asap. A wonder drug is not going to fix.
          Stress? Didn't know it was stress related?

Not sure if a massage is going to sort out. Having done some research it appears to be the sort of thing that lasts a good while unless you have some sort of medical intervention. Its not great mind like I said.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            Must be getting old. Falling to pieces...

Flippin hurts like buggery. NHS useless - have a few painkillers. Private cortisone injection next on cards I think....

Anyone else ever have? Apparently its more common when you're over 40 {sigh}

Masturbation - chronic neck and shoulder pain
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

My neighbour had it and described it as pain unimaginable. Couldn't sleep, couldn't move - just on massive doses of painkillers while he waited for a plan on how to try to cure it.

Two or three painful surgeries eventually fixed it.

Fingers crossed that yours doesn't get that bad
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Is this some kind of online sick note PC?
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Had it when I was 33. Turned out to be two slipped disks in my neck. Was on tramadol, max dose ibuprofen (3x800mg a day), valium and fragmin (to prevent clots due to being fairly immobile). After a double diskectomy and spinal fusion (four hours of major surgery), the pain all went away, which was nice - didn't need the pain killers at all. Unfortunately, I'm left with a partially paralysed triceps and numbness in my left hand due the nerve damage (From the slipped disks, not the surgery). I was off work (permie at the time) for 5 months.

Had a really cool scar across my throat, but it's faded now - the surgeon's stitching was just too good.

If you have any numbness or muscle weakness, see a doc asap. The neurologist who first saw me figured out the issue just using pins to map the numbness. Then it was confirmed by an MRI - a CAT scan showed nothing.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Yes yes, a very common disease. Its called the public sector syndrome.
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                    X