PDA

View Full Version : IPSE CC Elections

mudskipper
25th April 2017, 19:01
It's that time of year again! I can't improve on TF's excellent post (http://forums.contractoruk.com/future-contracting/114242-ipse-cc-elections-whos-going-stand-year.html#post2247876) from last year, so I'm not going to try.

You can find details of this year's election here (https://www.ipse.co.uk/ipse-cc-election-2017). The nomination period is open till noon on 5 May. Please think about whether you might be able to bring your experiences to the role.

If you'd like to find out more, or have an informal chat about what it entails, then feel free to drop me a PM. Or if you'd like to talk to a current CC member, I can put you in touch.

Scruff
25th April 2017, 21:02
If you don't use their forum, then I'd suggest not wasting your time? I'm on the CC, and don't use it, following a ban by their CEO. Feel free to PM me, too.

mudskipper
26th April 2017, 04:45
If you don't use their forum, then I'd suggest not wasting your time? I'm on the CC, and don't use it, following a ban by their CEO. Feel free to PM me, too.

Just as a point of accuracy, the CEO did not ban you - one of the elected directors did, and IMO, very justifiably. However, the choice to not continue using the forum is yours, but I'd suggest that, as a CC member, you are unable to properly fulfill your commitment if you do not do so, as the forum is the primary method of communication between meetings.

I would encourage anyone to visit the forum and make up their own mind.

Scruff
26th April 2017, 04:55
How sad. I was banned due to the CEO complaining about me. Of course you would agree, since you are one of the Directors.

I suggest that CC is irrelevant if it relies on a largely unused Forum, in an organisation of 20000 members, in order to function.

SimonMac
26th April 2017, 06:19
As a CC newbie, coming to the end of my first year I would say anyone who is considering standing do so, having too many candidates is never a bad thing, having the opportunity to ask questions is never a bad thing, having the opportunity to be part of the conversation is never a bad thing.

However I would also plead with potential candidates to verify they are comfortable with the scope of the CC, what it can and cannot do especially in terms of the operational side where we have no remit, and only stand if you are happy that your role will be limited by the rules/articals of association etc.

malvolio
26th April 2017, 07:40
How sad. I was banned due to the CEO complaining about me. Of course you would agree, since you are one of the Directors.

I suggest that CC is irrelevant if it relies on a largely unused Forum, in an organisation of 20000 members, in order to function.
It's not IPSE that's sad...

HTH :wink

Scruff
26th April 2017, 08:23
Good that there is at least a discussion going here. I'd be pleased to encourage people to join in, and join IPSE, as an organisation, too.

malvolio
26th April 2017, 08:33
Good that there is at least a discussion going here. I'd be pleased to encourage people to join in, and join IPSE, as an organisation, too.
Fair enough...

Fred Bloggs
26th April 2017, 09:32

Have you taken a peek in there lately? Talk about fiddling while Rome burns. It's not only very sad to see it happening, but everyone in a position of any influence there appears to me to be in utter, complete denial about what's happening in the industry and the ability or not to influence anything any more.

malvolio
26th April 2017, 10:05
Have you taken a peek in there lately? Talk about fiddling while Rome burns. It's not only very sad to see it happening, but everyone in a position of any influence there appears to me to be in utter, complete denial about what's happening in the industry and the ability or not to influence anything any more.
Perhaps you should look a little harder.:wink

Fred Bloggs
26th April 2017, 11:45
Perhaps you should look a little harder.:wink
I rest my case.

BrilloPad
26th April 2017, 11:45
How is eek going to vote?

malvolio
26th April 2017, 12:03
I rest my case.
Please do. It's exhausted enough already. :igmc:

northernladuk
26th April 2017, 12:47
Do I need to go over there and sort these forums out or are you all going to play nice and get along?

SimonMac
26th April 2017, 12:49
How is eek going to vote?

I'm trying to get him to stand :)

malvolio
26th April 2017, 13:36
I'm trying to get him to stand :)
Too many gins at lunchtime again then...? :happy