• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting and IR35 through a non PSC Limited Company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting and IR35 through a non PSC Limited Company

I worked through my own PSC for 10 years but took a break for 4 years to run a 'proper' consultancy business though the Limited Company - it now has other turnover, employees, an office etc. I've now been offered a contract (whcih is too good to turn down) which the agency has deemed to be in IR35.

Some of the revenue that I'll be getting from the contract, will be used to reinvest back into the company - pay a few bills, and also pay for someone to backfill my role in the company.

Three questions - 1) Will the effect the IR35 status of the contract?, and 2) How will this effect what I pay in terms of deemed PAYE, corporation tax, 3) As the company has previous years loss to be offset against next years corporation tax, will this effect the IR35 payments etc?

Thanks

Since the contract is inside IR35 and in the public sector then the invoices will be paid net of National Insurance and PAYE based on your tax code.

Having more employees, a real business, anything else is immaterial if you are inside and in the public sector because the law is that the invoices must be paid net and the taxes paid by the fee payer to HRMC.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I agree with The Faqqer.

The fact that this contract is inside IR35 and in the public sector essentially means that the income from this contract will be taxed as though you were and employee.

You could also consider running this separate income through an Umbrella solution to save muddying the waters.

We have a solution which allows clients to run a limited company and use our Umbrella function in tandem.

Comment

which just points out the complete stupidity as the OP could presumably send one/many of his employees to complete the work

Comment

Working...
        X