• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice -given and wanted

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice -given and wanted

Due to retire shortly on my main pension scheme. Best annuity with no index linking works out at 6% One can get almost that much in a good deposit account like Cahoot, except of course Cahoot do not pocket your money when you snuff it. If anyone is using pension schemes take a good look at sums (not forgetting tax/NI savings when you save) as these rates may go even lower in future. Glad I have a lot more of my money in other things.

The advice needed. I could get a better rate if I was a smoker, overweight and in poor health. The problem is, I am such a magnificent speciman of humanity, handsome, lean, athletic, rippling muscles and a mind like a whip and if I had to have a medical no doctor would believe I was over 25. I was wondering if all you fat, unfit, unhealthy thick people on this board could give me some tips on how to be like you in 5 weeks?

Doh!!!!

Forgot to log out again!!!
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

idiot

Ask Threaded.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth

Try "SUperior SU" you can run several accounts at the same time.

Comment

Pension rip-off - I've thought about this before and there is a way out - just before retirement you emigrate to somewhere with a more sensible pension policy, therefore being able to transfer the money out and allowing you to use it as you want.

Comment

You'll get the best return in shares and bonds. It might be worth handing you're money to a wealth manager, if you don't want to do it yourself.

Annuities are good when interest rates are up.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth

Classic.
              Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Working...
              X