• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Covent Garden Restaurants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covent Garden Restaurants

Any suggestions? I would normally go with the best 'deal' from www.toptable.co.uk but there's loads to choose from. Mid-price, nothing too fancy but I need to show a client a reasonably good time.

Ta

Originally posted by DanTheMan
    Any suggestions? I would normally go with the best 'deal' from www.toptable.co.uk but there's loads to choose from. Mid-price, nothing too fancy but I need to show a client a reasonably good time.

Ta
    I quite like Livebait.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
      I quite like Livebait.
      mmm - theres a livebait in Leeds, very nice.
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Alternatively, DanTheMan, you can send me £20 and I'll post you two slices of my steak, venison and mushroom pie when it's baked.

Do you like seafood, SallyAnne? I'm a sucker for it myself.

Comment

Alternatively, DanTheMan, you can send me £20 and I'll post you two slices of my steak, venison and mushroom pie when it's baked.

Do you like seafood, SallyAnne? I'm a sucker for it myself.

I really do. Unfortunately my lad hates it, so I dont get to go to too many seafood restaraunt. (There were a lot of to's in that sentence!)

I always take full advantage when we're on holiday though - went to Barcelona a couple of months ago and thats pretty much all I ate! (I smelt a bit funny though)
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Hmm seafood is always potentially dodgy when you don't know the person. Might just go to 'generic oriental restaurant' and play it safe.

Comment

Hmm seafood is always potentially dodgy when you don't know the person. Might just go to 'generic oriental restaurant' and play it safe.

Ooooh - are you on a first date like?

Edit: I should really read the threads more carefully - a client, I see.
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                I really do. Unfortunately my lad hates it, so I dont get to go to too many seafood restaraunt. (There were a lot of to's in that sentence!)

I always take full advantage when we're on holiday though - went to Barcelona a couple of months ago and thats pretty much all I ate! (I smelt a bit funny though)
                That's a shame. Why are there so many people with peculiar fish hatreds? Perhaps it all stems back to a traumatic childhood experience with a can of KwikSave sardines in "tomato"* sauce?

Same here. Went to Lisbon a couple of months ago and had many fine feeds of sealife and assorted crustacea. Bought a turbot last weekend and made a lovely orange sauce to go with it. Sounds a bit odd but it was delightful.

* Tomato content, nil. And not much sardine either.

Comment

Mr Kongs on Lisle Street does the most excellent steamed razor clams.

Comment

That's a shame. Why are there so many people with peculiar fish hatreds? Perhaps it all stems back to a traumatic childhood experience with a can of KwikSave sardines in "tomato"* sauce?

Same here. Went to Lisbon a couple of months ago and had many fine feeds of sealife and assorted crustacea. Bought a turbot last weekend and made a lovely orange sauce to go with it. Sounds a bit odd but it was delightful.

* Tomato content, nil. And not much sardine either.

You're a rare gem Lucifier.

Also - I've ben trying to shorten your name as a sign of friendship (like Xen, SAS, Flubby, Zeity, etc), and I just cant. Luc is about the best I can come up with, but thats rubbish.
                    Do you have any pet names you'd like to be called?
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                    X