• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Open Business bank account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open Business bank account

Hi guys,

Opening a business bank account with HSBC/BARCLAYS is nightmare and extremely slow process nowadays. Please suggest high street bank with same day decision because can't wait anymore.

Thanks
    ifti

HSBC was great for me. 20 mins in my local branch and I walked out with 2 accounts and a company credit card.

Comment

There are a heap of KYC type things in place now that mean it can be difficult to get a same day opening.

If you're in London, Metro Bank can do that if you rock up with all the paperwork (they're open today, too). Otherwise, try a bank that you already have a relationship with, and do it in branch (not online).

Comment

Originally posted by ifti12 View Post
        Hi guys,

Opening a business bank account with HSBC/BARCLAYS is nightmare and extremely slow process nowadays. Please suggest high street bank with same day decision because can't wait anymore.

Thanks
        ifti
        MetroBank.
        You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by squarepeg View Post
          MetroBank.
          +1

I went via QDOS and it was opened in 2 days. Last year Lloyds took 8 weeks!

Comment

Thanks guys, I have submitted application online via HSBC/BARCLAYS but no response yet. I have also applied in person in Barclays branch on 24th but no response yet. The only bank now left to apply I am already banking with HSBC. Let me try HSBC in branch as well.

Sounds like opening business bank account is fun nowadays with high street banks or their staff is on Maternity leave may be...

Comment

If you are banking with HSBC, ring them up and ask for an appointment in your local branch. They already know you assuming you've been banking with them personally for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                +1

I went via QDOS and it was opened in 2 days. Last year Lloyds took 8 weeks!
                +1 - InTouch opened it for me, and it automatically feeds into their portal without me sharing any of my security details.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

+1 Metro if you just need it done

Comment

My accountant set up mine with Metro. Quick and totally painless from my side of things.

Comment

Working...
                    X