• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tory Brexit Tax DOOM™: "absolutely no plans to increase the level of tax"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tory Brexit Tax DOOM™: "absolutely no plans to increase the level of tax"

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ill-be-ditched

"Theresa May rules out increase to VAT before 2022 but not hikes to income tax and National Insurance prompting fears of tax raid on higher earners "

Theresa May rules out increase to VAT before 2022 but not hikes to income tax and National Insurance prompting fears of tax raid on higher earners

Yeah, vote them Tories - the party of low taxation
    Last edited by AtW; 30 April 2017, 14:56.

NI for non-resident Brits

Regarding NI.. I have recently tried to pay 10 years of contributions from overseas. It's a no brainer.

This used to a right for British citizens. Now you have to apply. And the department is dragging its feet. I suspect they will stop this for non-resident Brits. It's a no brainer.

Quite right too. Those of us who went to Honkers etc .. And coined it, don't need it.

Comment

"Mrs May refused to rule out a report saying she wanted to apply capital gains tax to sales of main homes worth more than £5million."

"Mrs May said: “If you look at what has happened in terms of tax the top one per cent of people are paying a higher share of tax under us than they did in any year under a Labour Government.”"

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        "Mrs May refused to rule out a report saying she wanted to apply capital gains tax to sales of main homes worth more than £5million."

"Mrs May said: “If you look at what has happened in terms of tax the top one per cent of people are paying a higher share of tax under us than they did in any year under a Labour Government.”"

It's only fair
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

When you look at how we've been stuffed by The Tories how any contractor can vote for them is beyond me.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
            When you look at how we've been stuffed by The Tories how any contractor can vote for them is beyond me.
            Which party do you suggest as a contractor-friendly alternative ?

Comment

Originally posted by adubya View Post
              I think you mean which party will leave us alone?
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by adubya View Post
                Tories are always saying they are party of low taxes. The solution is to make sure they NEVER get in unless they make firm promises regarding tax CUTS, unless they do it they can fook right off and rot in opposition - that should be the strategy.

Comment

You have

Ancient Labour - Tax,Tax & Spend Spend then fly the Red Flag!
                  Lie Diem - One Lie, One Day at a time. Very attractive to Squirrel Botherers.
                  Taxem Tories - busy clearing the New Lie credit cards and spending it on shoes.
                  UK Idiots Party - oh we have a lead lets waste it by infighting and obvious racism.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    You have

Ancient Labour - Tax,Tax & Spend Spend then fly the Red Flag!
                    Lie Diem - One Lie, One Day at a time. Very attractive to Squirrel Botherers.
                    Taxem Tories - busy clearing the New Lie credit cards and spending it on shoes.
                    UK Idiots Party - oh we have a lead lets waste it by infighting and obvious racism.
                    Pretty much.

Tories are the party of lower taxes, not low taxes.

Still if you want the rich*** to be slaughtered so that those on benefits have it all on a plate, vote Labour or LibDem.

*** Anyone earning over £60K.
                    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Working...
                    X