• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cost of Trident vs Brexit Divorce Bill

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cost of Trident vs Brexit Divorce Bill

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ar-disarmament

So it's £205 Billion to replace Trident
    £100 Billion wanted for divorce settlements in Europe

I suggest we use up 100 Billion quids worth of Nukes by taking out France, Germany & Brussels & Spain just to be certain, lest this way we don't owe anything and we don't need to replace half of it.

I'd like to think of it as the equivalent in paying in 1pence pieces.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

MF to become new chief Brexit negotiator. Assisted by his sidekick Churchill....

Can we make sure is a strong wind blowing toward the East(a westerly?) on the day we do it though?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

I suggest we use up 100 Billion quids worth of Nukes by taking out France, Germany & Brussels & Spain just to be certain, lest this way we don't owe anything and we don't need to replace half of it.

France actually control their nukes.

Comment

Lets start with expanding borders of gibraltar.

What has UK become...

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

The agreement to purchase Trident includes an agreement that the UK cannot use the weapon without permission from the USA. I have no doubt that this includes having to get a firing code from the USA prior to use. Probably via email, “click on this link to fire”
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

If the UK does not pay its EU future obligations, the UK credit rating will be trashed and the economy will suffer another blow. Expect interest rates will go through the roof!
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              If the UK does not pay its EU future obligations, the UK credit rating will be trashed and the economy will suffer another blow. Expect interest rates will go through the roof!
              Yeah. Like happened to Iceland. Bankrupt 2008. Borrowing again 2010.

Even if what you said were to happen, the exchange rate acts as a buffer. Something the EUR members don't have the luxury off.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Yeah. Like happened to Iceland. Bankrupt 2008. Borrowing again 2010.

Even if what you said were to happen, the exchange rate acts as a buffer. Something the EUR members don't have the luxury off.
                A buffer for who? The markets or the poor sod now wondering why a single banana now costs £13.20

Face it your doomed. Just like the Trump is going to make the Mexicans pay for that wall the Brits will that bill via trade taxes.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
                    Lets start with expanding borders of gibraltar.

What has UK become...
                    And there was I think you just came here for the cash.

Comment

Working...
                    X