• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Netherlands to propose burqa ban

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netherlands to propose burqa ban

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6159046.stm

Shame our government hasn't got the balls to do the same.

Originally posted by Logie

Hosw do burqas "disturb public order" exactly?
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Wrong approach

Rather than discriminating against Islamics, all ugly woman of whatever religion, ethnic group should be compelled to wear veils, burqas or whatever to hide their coupons. Problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
        Hosw do burqas "disturb public order" exactly?
        In the same way masked men in the wild west and hoodies in Lakeside cause trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Keitel
          to hide their coupons.

Never heard that before.

Comment

apparently there are only a few dozen who wear it....what's the big deal? Just one minister trying to keep herself and her government in the news and popular.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000
              apparently there are only a few dozen who wear it....what's the big deal? Just one minister trying to keep herself and her government in the news and popular.

No. I was in Asda Northampton. Not only loads of customer wearing them but also the checkout staff!

Comment

Originally posted by Betty
                No. I was in Asda Northampton. Not only loads of customer wearing them but also the checkout staff!
                Did you feel like a stranger in your own land?

Now we are seeing the growth of positive forces acting against integration, of vested interests in the preservation and sharpening of racial and religious differences, with a view to the exercise of actual domination, first over fellow-immigrants and then over the rest of the population. The cloud no bigger than a man's hand, that can so rapidly overcast the sky, has been visible recently in Wolverhampton and has shown signs of spreading quickly.

To claim special communal rights (or should they say rites?) leads to a dangerous fragmentation within society. This communalism is a canker; whether practised by one colour or another it is to be strongly condemned."

Here is the means of showing that the immigrator communities can organise to consolidate their members, to agitate and campaign against their fellow citizens, and to overawe and dominate the rest with the legal weapons which the ignorant and the ill-informed have provided. As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood".
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Betty
                  What a load of cobblers!. I lived in Northampton for 3 years and I never saw a burqa! And I went there just a few weeks ago for a weekend and never noticed any.

And surely I WOULD have noticed them, as they would have been causing public disorder!!

Knackers!

And lilElvis was talking about Holland anyway, where there is only like 5% Muslim, and out of them, hardly any who even wear he Burqa.

Double knackers.
                  Last edited by SallyAnne; 18 November 2006, 16:01.
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

Good on them.
                    About fking time we take action against these unfashionable clothes!!!!
                    Johnny Talibani Mumbai

Comment

Working...
                    X