• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'Dark Knight' workplace vigilante

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Dark Knight' workplace vigilante

Gosh I remembered when reading this linky one of the reasons I became a contractor.

There use to be a guy in a place where I was permie who was a manager. He use to openly keep track of when other staff came in and left including lunch and toilet breaks. Oddly he was a manager with no staff to manage....
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

The operations manager at ClientCo sends an email to the whole site about teaspoons every month or so

Comment

I used to work with a paranoid guy who collected dirt on everyone. Really sick bastard. Glad I left that place years ago.
      You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Gosh I remembered when reading this linky one of the reasons I became a contractor.

There use to be a guy in a place where I was permie who was a manager. He use to openly keep track of when other staff came in and left including lunch and toilet breaks. Oddly he was a manager with no staff to manage....
        What a hell...
        This kind of tulip is more a villain thing rather than a superhero.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
          What a hell...
          This kind of tulip is more a villain thing rather than a superhero.
          That's what permiedom does to your brain.
          You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

FAO Sue Hellen

"Dark knight" was my friends name when he was in the swinging scene.

Being half-African people were often surprised when they asked "which half" ... to find that he was black from the waist down.

He said his cum shot was "check mate!" shouted manicly with a fat bald sweaty grin. He was an albino black dude with ginger curly hair and buck teeth. He was a chess grand master.

Comment

Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
              "Dark knight" was my friends name when he was in the swinging scene.

Being half-African people were often surprised when they asked "which half" ... to find that he was black from the waist down.

He said his cum shot was "check mate!" shouted manicly with a fat bald sweaty grin. He was an albino black dude with ginger curly hair and buck teeth. He was a chess grand master.
              That's the problem with being a beach bum, FTB. Eventually you end up a lonely, impotent druggie destined for an early grave.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                That's the problem with being a beach bum, FTB. Eventually you end up a lonely, impotent druggie destined for an early grave.
                I'm not on a beach, I'm on a trading floor in a European capital. But I'll be back on a beach tomorrow. Enjoy your sad sack weekend of "post-brexit planning". Some of us already made it!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Yep used to work with a guy like that. Used to say that we had to "Avoid toilet breaks when its busy". WTF.

Tried to tell everyone they weren't allowed to leave site at lunchtime too. If you had a meeting at one of the other sites (they had 3 or 4 within 20 miles) he'd have a strange habit of turning up unexpectely to make sure you didn't skive off home after the meeting.
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    Yep used to work with a guy like that. Used to say that we had to "Avoid toilet breaks when its busy". WTF.
                    I would have reported him.

Seriously there are people with hidden conditions/disabilities who find the only place they can take medication/sort themselves out is in the toilet. It is none of his business whether people have these conditions/disabilities.

And that's ignoring women who are pregnant or breast feeding.

Tried to tell everyone they weren't allowed to leave site at lunchtime too.
                    Again the disability aspect can be used to tell him to pipe down.

If you had a meeting at one of the other sites (they had 3 or 4 within 20 miles) he'd have a strange habit of turning up unexpectely to make sure you didn't skive off home after the meeting.
                    If he had been threatened with the sack by a couple of people with disabilities/pregnant/breast feeding or flexible working reporting him, he may have stopped doing that.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X