• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UKIP Wipeout

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UKIP Wipeout

Update on local elections is that UKIP have lost every seat they have had so far.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Yep, and the Lib Dum "fight back" is looking pretty weak too. Ominous signs for a Tory landslide in the GE, although council elections produce a lower turnout and can produce different voting patterns. UKIP are pretty much fecked. What's more surprising is the weakness of the Lib Dums in the current context. Shows the difficulties they face in winning back the SW.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Update on local elections is that UKIP have lost every seat they have had so far.
      Yep, as they said on R4 in the early hours. There is no need for UKIP because UKIP voters have got May now.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Yep, as they said on R4 in the early hours. There is no need for UKIP because UKIP voters have got May now.
        So you could say that UKIP Windbags and Labour Showers bring forth the May..erm..Voters?

No?

Comment

UKIP - proxy Tory Scum party, like Putins green men without insignia or wearing fake republics logo

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
            Yep, and the Lib Dum "fight back" is looking pretty weak too. Ominous signs for a Tory landslide in the GE, although council elections produce a lower turnout and can produce different voting patterns. UKIP are pretty much fecked. What's more surprising is the weakness of the Lib Dums in the current context. Shows the difficulties they face in winning back the SW.
            Maybe they couldn't spell Lib Dem either and got confused who to vote for.

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            Originally posted by AtW View Post
            UKIP - proxy Tory Scum party, like Putins green men without insignia or wearing fake republics logo
            Except lots of UKIP voters are ex-Labour voters. They appealed to the disaffected at both ends of the political and economic spectrum... well-off Tories and poor Labour heartlands.
            I guess the UKIP voters have mostly gone back to wherever they came from... in many cases they might even be people who don't normally bother to vote.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I think it a bit of a shame the council elections seem to be treated as a general election. If my bins have been collected and the local park is in good nick then why not vote for the currect lot on the council?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                I think it a bit of a shame the council elections seem to be treated as a general election. If my bins have been collected and the local park is in good nick then why not vote for the currect lot on the council?
                People vote for the party, and probably most of all the leader. What it's actually for is kind of irrelevant.

This is a change from 2012 (or was it 2013?); i.e. before the 2015 LibDem wipeout. So maybe the LibDems will still gain from their 2015 result. The Tories were probably less popular in 2012 than in the 2015 GE (people always protest against the sitting government mid term), so perhaps this gain on 2012 suggests a less dramatic gain in the GE than might have been expected.

But I can't think of anything good to say about Labour.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

The people who don't like Corbyn are put off by Corbyn.
                  The people who do like Corbyn are put off by the PLP's attempts to oust Corbyn.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    People vote for the party, and probably most of all the leader. What it's actually for is kind of irrelevant.
                    But with local elections it's perfectly possible to see whether or not a council is doing its job.

Comment

Working...
                    X