• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inferitance tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inferitance tax

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_G...of_Westminster

Hugh Richard Louis Grosvenor, 7th Duke of Westminster (born 29 January 1991), styled as Earl Grosvenor until August 2016, is a British aristocrat, billionaire, businessman and landowner. He is the third child and only son of Gerald Grosvenor, 6th Duke of Westminster and his wife Natalia Phillips. He inherited the title of Duke of Westminster on 9 August 2016, on the death of his father. The duke is estimated to be worth US$13 billion, making him the world's richest person aged under 30.
    Does not apply?

Only for the little people?
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    Yes.

More importantly HMRC dares not touch the Duke because he would create another tax avoidance precedent...

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_G...of_Westminster

Does not apply?

It does. But he doesn't directly control all of his wealth and that opens up lovely opportunities for creative (but legal) tax optimisation. Read this.
      You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by squarepeg View Post
        It does. But he doesn't directly control all of his wealth and that opens up lovely opportunities for creative (but legal) tax optimisation. Read this.
        Tax is supposed to be on estate, and estate size is known - take 40% off trusts, easy...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Tax is supposed to be on estate, and estate size is known - take 40% off trusts, easy...
          Technically, he doesn't have the estate, the estate is in the trust which will continue to be operated by the trustees for the benefit of its beneficiaries.

Comment

Originally posted by dotcom12 View Post
            Technically, he doesn't have the estate, the estate is in the trust which will continue to be operated by the trustees for the benefit of its beneficiaries.
            That's what I said - tax trust which controls the estate, take 40% off that. And if they don't like it then they can be either poor OR use their lobbying power to abolish inheritance tax for all.

Comment

Originally posted by dotcom12 View Post
              I shall try that when the tax man calls. I'm sure it will be fine, as long as I'm a Duke or Earl or some such.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                I shall try that when the tax man calls. I'm sure it will be fine, as long as I'm a Duke or Earl or some such.
                Duke of Swindon has got a ring to it...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  That's what I said - tax trust which controls the estate, take 40% off that. And if they don't like it then they can be either poor OR use their lobbying power to abolish inheritance tax for all.
                  When was the last time the elites cared about the rest?
                  You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by squarepeg View Post
                    when was the last time the elites cared about the rest?
                    1642 - 1651

hth bidi

Comment

Working...
                    X