• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Facebook nuclear button

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facebook nuclear button

I once made the mistake of signing up to Facebook. To be honest, I connected with a fair few people but deactivated my account when I decided the whole Facebook thing is for people to show off how great their lives are.

Periodically I unwittingly reactivate it. I did this the other day when I signed into some site with my email address. Somehow, it associated this address with my supposedly dormant Facebook account and all of a sudden I'm snowed under with fecking status updates from people I haven't seen in 20 years.

So, can anyone please tell me how I can get FB to feck off forever without getting a new email?

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
    I once made the mistake of signing up to Facebook. To be honest, I connected with a fair few people but deactivated my account when I decided the whole Facebook thing is for people to show off how great their lives are.

Periodically I unwittingly reactivate it. I did this the other day when I signed into some site with my email address. Somehow, it associated this address with my supposedly dormant Facebook account and all of a sudden I'm snowed under with fecking status updates from people I haven't seen in 20 years.

So, can anyone please tell me how I can get FB to feck off forever without getting a new email?
    http://www.facebook.com/help/2505639...=hc_global_nav

Comment

If you join too many facebook groups on gladiators and radiator bleeding, it will happen. Leave those groups.

Why not delete your facebook account?

Or defriend the people you don't like?

Comment

What's this faced book?

Comment

Ah, so you can ask them to permanently delete the account.

That's the way to go then.

Comment

And if you really want to go dark: https://www.accountkiller.com/en/

Comment

How do I delete all record of my visits to NLyUK?

Comment

Just Unfollow people/groups and you won't get status updates.

Social media is a blinkin pain indeed.

I deleted my WhatsApp account recently because so many people kept adding me to groups - "let's go on holiday", "Friday night dinner", "My family group", "Photos from last week's wedding", "Look at ME Look at ME!!" .... zzzzzzzzzz - it was bloody annoying, even when I had all the groups on Silent. So I deleted it and everyone thinks I'm either depressed or about to run away from my life/wife or something. As if suddenly WhatsApp (or any social media for that matter) is now so critical to one's existence that if you don't use it then there must be something wrong with you.

Amazing how much time I've won back from not being involved on WhatsApp any more.

Rant over.

Comment

Is the CUK facebook photo page still going?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    How do I delete all record of my visits to NLyUK?
                    It's a feature of the new dash cam I recommended.

Comment

Working...
                    X