• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tory Brexit DOOM™: House Prices

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tory Brexit DOOM™: House Prices

Halifax claims prices are falling with even surveyors starting to reduce valuations as inflation squeezes household finances and dents demand

House prices fell again in April and are now nearly £3,000 below their peak in December 2016, amid broadening evidence of a slowdown in the UK property market.

The average property fell in value by 0.1% in April, according to data from Halifax. Although this is not as steep as the 0.4% monthly fall recorded by Nationwide, it puts both major indices on a similar downward trend.

Halifax said the average price fell to £219,649 in April from £219,788 in March. House prices reached an all-time peak of £222,190 in December 2016. The annual rate of price inflation remained at 3.8% in April, Halifax said, the lowest rate for four years.

Halifax housing economist Martin Ellis said: “Housing demand appears to have been curbed in recent months due to a deterioration in housing affordability driven by the sustained period of rapid house price growth during 2014-16. Signs of a decline in the pace of job creation, and the beginnings of a squeeze on households’ finances as a result of increasing inflation, may also be constraining the demand for homes.”

More from the source: https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...ifax-thinks-so

DOOMED!!!

I think we can all agree, this is excellent news. Hopefully the beginning of sustained, gradual, price declines.

You shouldn't feel too bad, AtW. You didn't buy at the absolute peak.

Comment

I plan to buy 10 more and thus reduce my average buy price.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        I plan to buy 10 more and thus reduce my average buy price.

HTH
        Excellent idea. If you resell some of them to yourself ("circular economy"), you can also rest assured that some of those purchases were absolute bargains.

Comment

I bet London prices are still going up....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Most are, but Sasguru's is going down because he's special.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
              Most are, but Sasguru's is going down because he's special.
              A while ago he moved from HMP Wandsworth to HMP Send. I believe when he gets he is doing something on the Continent. The German job or something?

Comment

A while ago he moved from HMP Wandsworth to HMP Send. I believe when he gets he is doing something on the Continent. The German job or something?
                I don't really pay attention to Sas, especially when he's out of the country. All I know is that Sas has been the main drag on local prices. For a true crash (and overall decline in GSCE Maths pass grades), we need scooty and Sas in the same neighborhood.

Comment

You're confused. The value of the pound is dropping
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

To Yerevan my friend...

Comment

Working...
                    X